Chapter One

Most people would think having a twin would be awesome. Well, it probably is, apart from the fact that my twin was beautiful skinny, and I was the type of fat you see at McDonald's; she was famous, I was the unpopular, spotty one; she was Ariana Grande and I was her not-so-amazing sister, Kerry-Anne.

Although she was busy with work, she'd always come on the family holiday to some resort in Barbados, that she'd helped pay for. Pfft. Family holiday? More like fanily holiday. She'd always be pre-occupied signing autographs or taking selfies with fans, or hiding beneath a huge hat with sunglasses in busy areas. And I'd always be pre-occupied trying to stay away from the cameras, as to not be in the magazines with titles like: Ariana's New BFF? or Ariana exclusive holiday snaps: But who's with her? and worst of all titles like: Ari Holidays with Fan?!

I mean, I was so happy about how successful Ari was, but it annoyed me how I was always a fan, a friend, a cousin, a stalker...but never her sister.

"Don't worry, they'll soon find out about it." She'd always wink, pulling me towards her into a big hug like I was seven, even though I was the same age as her. Well, she was two minutes older than me, but still. My whole family looked up to her. Maybe it was even just because she could afford the most elaborate gifts (set tours; swimming with dolphins; your face being in newspapers and magazines...) and I could only afford the cheapest things.

We were in McDonald's, wearing blonde wigs, dark sunglasses and ginormous sun hats, when Ari, looking up from her iPhone announced her news: "I...I don't think I can take us on holiday, this year."

Mom and I looked up (Dad had left when we were two) and Mom said, "Don't worry, honey. I have enough to get us around Miami for a week."

Ariana nodded and took a sip of her coke. Diet. Like it made a difference.

"I'm sorry. Work just hasn't been...'" She paused and swallowed,"Going very well."

"Ariana, you're famous, we live in a Barbie girl mansion-"

"Save it, Kerry-Anne."

I went quiet. She never called me Kerry-Anne, unless she was angry with me-a rare occasion.

"Seriously?! Why are you flipping angry at me now? All those times...," I thought of when I cut her hair into a mess with safety scissors when we were eight, ripped her favourite dress at eleven..."..And now you're annoyed!?"

"Girls..." Mom started.

"No. I'm sorry Mom. Didn't you know I've wanted to kill myself these past few weeks?"

We all go quiet then.

"Ari." Mom starts, but can't finish her sentence. We're all shocked into silence.

"But...Ariana," I begin. "Why?"

She shakes her head , finishes her coke, tosses the empty cup expertly in the bin, mouths "I'm sorry." and leaves.

"Ari?" I whisper. But she's gone.