Desserts and Dumbbells

At the time of dusk, in front of a huge wooden door, stood a boy thinking various ways to open the door of his best friend's house. 

"Sanyuktaaaaaa... " He yelled entering the house after successfully opening the lock only to get shocked seeing the hallway pitch dark.  She sat there, on the cosy sofa, stiff and still, with several tubs of popcorn and desserts, watching the Television.

"Aggarwallll... " he tried to gauge a reaction from her.  "I was waiting for you for hours at the gym and you are watching TV here. " he quipped pulling the tub of popcorn that she was having and her eyes instantly darted towards his hand.  "Shekhawat gimme that.  I'm gonna go nowhere with you now.  " She mumbled watching him threatening her to drop the popcorns down the floor. 

"Shekawat I swear I'll forget that you're my best friend. " She started moving towards him. "Dumbo" he giggled looking at the television and amused by the movie she was watching.

"What? " she asked muddled up,  to which he gave a nod smiling pointing towards the TV Screen.  "My Dumbo you're " he giggled and she hit him with a pillow.  "Whatever Shekhawat. Give my popcorn back please " She nagged him who sat next to her.  "I promise Ill do whatever you tell me to do. " She spoke slowly.  "Owh! Say it again. " He chuckled.  "You'll do whatever I tell you to do right? " She nodded absentmindedly eyeing the last full tub of popcorn in his hands.  "Now be a good girl, get ready and come with me to the reunion party.  You will get this tub in the car. " He smirked watching her frown.  "No way.  I can't miss my ME time here.  I want to watch Dumbo" She pouted.  "That won't work." She stomped her foot and moved to the room.  Randhir Shekhawat, a great fitness freak and his best friend, Sanyukta Aggarwal, a great foodie, were best friends from childhood who are poles apart in everything they do.

"Shekhawat I'm ready. " She sadly spoke. He chuckled at her. "You look like a Dumbo, My Dumbo" His lips tugged up automatically looking at her widened eyes.  "You mean I'm cute" she tried to smirk making him laugh.  "It doesn't suit you Aggawal. Cute, Gaah! Never in my wildest nightmare. " His laughter stopped as soon as she emptied the almost empty popcorn bucket on his head.

  "What the fuck. " He shouted.  "Serves you right Mr. Six pack. " She laughed evilly.  "See you in the car. " She pulled his car keys and moved out of the house leaving his jaws hanging. 

"Shekhawat I'm hungry." She pouted at him who was keen into driving.  "You just now finished two tubs full of Ice cream and Popcorn." He tried to glare at her not at all surprised. 

He was used to his foodie Sanyukta from childhood, who was his complete contradiction. After a few minutes, watching her asleep, he chuckled pecking her cheek. "Duffer, so gayi.  Gawd. What will I do with her. She'll bang my door in the night saying she's hungry. " he facepalmed diverting the direction he was talking to the pub. 

"Dumbooo wake up. " He shouted and she put a palm on his mouth stopping him. "Where are we.?" she rubbed her eyes to get a clear view of the place. "Whoa! Am I dreaming? " She looked at him surprisingly. "We were on our way to the pub right? And suddenly my favourite restaurant?" she asked him delighted. 

"No use. Handling a hungry Sanyukta is equal to Handling a drunk Sanyukta. So I guess this is better." He shrugged.  "You have made a best decision in your whole lifetime I guess." He gave her a 'Are you serious ' look and she shrugged jumping out of the car in excitement. He chuckled at his excited lady.

"Whoa! Im finally full.  But I would like to order a dessert.  Let us share." she said making him look at her in shock.  SHARE?  "Are you alright?" He kept his palm on her forehead.  "Very funny. " She made a face.  He placed his order and looked at her,  "Vigorous work out tomorrow morning. Don't you dare dodge it, I'll complain about you to Anju maa and pack you up to Delhi, so that you'll live peacefully with only salads daily. " He grinned.  "No way you are doing that. " she looked at him in aghast.  "Try me Dumbo"  he giggled. 

"Aw this is looking so delicious." She smiled at the chocolate bomb. He started pouring the chocolate and it burst open making her eyes pop out and well up. "Ring? " she asked him.  " I bored of being just a best friend.  I can't share the same tag that you have given to all your so called stupid best friends." He continued despite her hard glare.  "And I've decided to help you by making you my better half, My Love. " He grinned.  "Help as in? " She raised her eye brow.  "See...  I cannot let a poor soul die feeding you daily. And I cannot see you murder that poor soul who will obviously cannot handle you. See,  I have a great experience and you know I'm so capable.  Who will let you eat the way I let you. ?" He grinned yet again making her smack his arm. 

"I earn my own money you dumbhead Shekhawat.  Dare you talk like a male chauvinistic pig now. " He chuckled. " You let me eat?  Seriously? Dumbbell for a dessert is your condition if you remember" she gave him an 'Unbelievable' look.  "Correction. Dessert for a Dumbbell in your language. " He smacked her head.  "Yeah Right. " she grinned happily as he spooned her the melting chocolate dessert.

" By the way, I love you too. You  lazy goose Shekhawat, directly proposal for Shaadi? " she nodded her head.  " Yes because I can't wait anymore. " He smiled pushing the beautiful ring through her ring finger watching her look at him with happy tears threatening to fall down her eyes.

--------

"Hey. This isn't fair huh!" She cribbed for nearly hundredth time since the dawn.

"You promised to take me to pizzeria this morning." She zipped up her sweatshirt and tugged his hands.

"Sanyukta, Pizzas aren't healthy." He sounded nonchalant.
"Shekhawat. Don't make me regret our marriage. I'll make you sleep on the living room's couch" He gasped.
"I surrender."

He grabbed his brand new mobile phone from the side table for dialling the pizzeria for a delivery.

"What do you like to order ?" He asked.

"One Mediterranean Pizza with Pesto and Artichokes, one Mexican wave and one Peppy Panneer." She grinned heartily.

He shook his head smiling, knowing very well about her food cravings. "I married a Foodie" He smiled.

"Is my Dumbo happy now ?" He, after placing the order, chuckled looking at her milky white teeth on display.

"Dare you call me Dumbo you Hippo" she frowned.

"Stop sulking. You need to do a few more push ups." He smirked.

"Randhir. Pretty please." She pouted.

"Don't give me such pouts. You need to work out. But I can offer you a compensation." Her eyebrows raised and her eyes twinkled.

"Couple workout ?" He grinned. "What? But you finished your exercises for the day.!" She mouthed quizzically.

"So what.? I enjoy workout. And I've heard that couple workout will burn more calories." Her eyes widened and before she could even comprehend, he was standing behind her so close on the Treadmill.

"You said push up." She turned her face sideways only to get pricked by his stubble. His stubble hovered over her cheeks when he leaned himself a bit forward "Nah! Let's start with treadmill romance." He nuzzled her cheekbone."Some one is going overboard now." She chuckled and stormed out the Mini-gymnasium. "Some one doesn't even know how to be romantic." He shouted making her giggle. She blew him a kiss making him grin and all red.

The End. 

Please hit the Star Button if you feel this is deserving

and Fill the comment section with your feedback so that I can improve ❤