Ch.0 | "The Prince of Blooming Village"

Once upon a time, there lived a secret kingdom tucked away in a deep, lush forest. Hidden between the winding, endless trees was a clearing that only a few, very lucky people were able to find. For years, foreigners have traveled, seeking this hidden paradise. With no maps leading to its location, this kingdom was considered the greatest treasure for any man to find. Although many go in search of it, no one has come back to tell the tale, as they were all taken by its magnificence and decided to stay. This secluded oasis was named Blooming Village.

Despite its title, the population had grown far beyond the limitations of what 'village'  would imply.  The name had stayed for tradition's sake.  Beginning as a small haven built for those fleeing slavery, the kingdom flourished with a culture built upon a foundation of gratitude. Although, over time, the small village grew, but the morals and attitudes of the citizens never changed.

Every person that lived in Blooming Village was incredibly content.  Everyone fit in perfectly, each playing their own important role in the community.  Some lived a more luxurious life, having their meals prepared for them and footmen ready to shine their shoes.  Others worked on family farms, selling their crops and meeting with friends during the weekend markets.  But regardless of financial ranking and background, everyone was welcome and treated as equal.

Festivals and balls were held every holiday, every start of a new season, for the birthdays of the royal family - any and every excuse for celebration was taken advantage of to bring the community even closer.  There always seemed to be children laughing in the streets and smiles on everyone's faces.  The community was active, healthy and friendly, making life in Blooming Village undeniably delightful.  The more word spread, Blooming's popularity grew.  Everyone wanted a taste of this heaven on earth.

Over the years stories spread through whispers of neighboring countries of the utopian land, everyone in awe that such a place exists. "Once you lay a foot upon Blooming soil, your heart yearns to blossom that very moment," is what people said.

But what the foreigners didn't know, was WHY their home was quite so heavenly.  It wasn't because of the rich soil or the markets- not the wildflowers, the freedom or the festivals.  Although these were the beautiful and important aspects of the kingdom, there was one single thing that made all of these things reality.

If you were to ask any citizen of Blooming Village why their home is the way it is, every one of them would collectively agree that their blessed lives were all thanks to their one and only, Prince Seokjin.

Prince Seokjin was the man who took the most responsibility and pride in Blooming Village.  At a very young age, the prince had noticed that the king and queen were too busy with the more political aspects of royalty to devote enough time to their subjects' quality of life.  He decided that he would take that responsibility as his own.

Since then, he integrated himself into the community, making friends with his citizens to make sure that life in the kingdom was comfortable.  He would play with the children, partake in storytelling circles, sing and dance with the buskers, bake goods for the elderly- he was always around to make sure that everyone was lively and smiling.  If anyone was having trouble with anything, they always knew they could rely on him to help.  And he always did.  No matter how big or small the favor was.

He devoted his life to making everyone happy.

As the purest example of dedication, generosity and kindness, he became everyone's favorite role model.  It was without a doubt that the paradise that is Blooming Village would never be the same without him.

And every night the townspeople would gather outside the doors of their homes, leaning out their windows with their children, waving goodnight to everyone's hero, Prince Seokjin, as he rode his stallion back to the castle.  The citizens watched with admiration as his silhouette shone through the last few rays of daylight.

————————————————————

P I C T U R E   P E R F E C T

© xomiin 2018-2020. All rights reserved.