Job

Axel's POV

"Hey, hey, Axel! Are you going for your interview now? Will you come back again later?" Lisa said to me with her lips forming in a pout. I giggled at the cute girl. Lisa (5 years old), along with four other kids, namely, Peter (8 years old), Sam (7 years old), Kai (7 years old), and Lulu (3 years old) live in the orphanage where I came from. I always visit them almost everyday to play and to help out in the orphanage as well. These kids are my family though we may not be related by blood but I want to give them the best life that they deserve.

"Of course I'll come by again. And if I get this job, I'll treat you guys with some snacks." I smiled at them while ruffling their hair one by one. "I'll see you later, okay? Wish me luck."

"Good luck, sister! Byeeee!" the five kids shouted as they cheerfully waved their hands.

-----------

Safe! Thank goodness I made it on time for the interview. Phew!

I fixed myself and wiped away the sweat in my forehead. I looked at all the other applicants. As expected, there are so many of us. This will be a tough competition since the company that I am applying to is the biggest company in the country — Keaton Corporation. For the fast few years, the company has expanded exponentially ever since the new CEO took over. How did I know all of these? Well, I heard it from the girls gossiping near me. Didn't mean to eavesdrop on them though not that I care about anything they're talking about. I just have to focus on this and try my best to get a job so that I can help the orphanage.

"Miss Axel Jones, Miss Vynne Lee please come inside for the interview."

I took a deep breath to resolve myself and went in for the interview. The interview only took 20 minutes then we have to wait for the results through email.

I went to the KTV Bar to cover my shift before going home. I opened my antique laptop which opens after 30 minutes and, most of the time, keeps on lagging. Can't blame it, I bought it at a very cheap price.

After waiting for the laptop to function smoothly, which took me almost an hour, I immediately logged in to my email. As I opened my account, a mail from Keaton Corporation popped up and I frantically clicked on it, hoping that it's a good news.

"To: Miss Axel Jones

We are delighted to tell you that you have passed the interview and we would like to discuss with you about the contract. Please come to the office tomorrow to sign the contract and immediately start your first day-"

OH. MY. GOODNESS. I made it! I covered my mouth to minimize the volume of my scream. I was jumping up and down at my apartment. Finally, I can earn a stable salary to support those children.

But little did I know, that this new job will change my life.

–––––
"Good morning, Miss Axel. I am Vivian Olivers, CEO's Secretary." A middle-aged woman said reaching her hands to  shake mine. "From now on, you will be the assistant to the CEO. This will be your table right here. You can ask me any questions." A smile formed on her face tearing the stern look on her that she had earlier.

I guess she's actually nice.

"What do I do as the assistant to the CEO?" I inquired since I don't have any idea what I'm going to do.

"Well, you're like a secretary but you will follow him around wherever he goes and obey his every orders."

Seems like a tiring job. I internally sighed. I have to put up to this since my salary is 5 times bigger than I could earn at the KTV Bar. Let's just do this and focus on the work.

"If you don't have any further questions, report directly to the CEO. He's in his office right now." Vivian said and then took her leave. Her office is at the floor below us. My table is just outside of the CEO's office.

Well, then, I will report to my new boss. I knocked at the thick, wooden door three times before entering.