Chapter Eight

Demi's POV

Things have been so hectic with the media lately. I really needed to do something to get the worlds attention away from the drama circling me right now. That's why I decided to color my hair back to brown. I think it looks pretty good and it definitely got people's attention. I wonder what Cailyn thinks about my hair.. I feel so bad ignoring her but I need to keep my distance for now. People almost found out about us, it can't happen again. It's not that I'm embarrassed of her, I just can't afford more publicity and drama at the minute. I really miss her and those beautiful blue eyes of hers..

Cailyn's POV

"You know what, I don't even care that she's ignoring me. It just shows how much she couldn't care less about me. At least I know the truth now. She just used me to get over Wilmer." you rant to Griffin as you pace back and forth in his backyard.

"Girl, I know you care, don't try and hide it from me. What are you going to do?"

You stop in your tracks and stare at Griffin, your mind racing. "I'm going to text Josh and tell him we should hangout."

"Are you sure about that? Aren't you just leading him on?"

"Nope, I just wanna have fun. What's the harm in that? He's cute and cool, it'll be okay. I can get myself to like him." you say quickly. You know deep down that it's not the best choice, but you don't care right now.

Later that night..

You and Josh walk hand in hand down the street, enjoying the lights. You're having a good time but no matter how hard you try, you can't feel any sparks or butterflies like you feel with Demi. Josh leads you to the side of the river and you both sit down on the park bench. You smile a little, as Josh puts his arm around you.

"I'm having a really good time, you know. I didn't think you were interested in going out with me, but I'm really glad you called." Josh said as he looks at you with a smile.

"Oh, you know, I couldn't resist those abs!" You say with a wink. Josh laughs and starts to lean in closer to you. Your heart races in your chest as his lips make contact with yours. His lips aren't as soft as Demi's, but you have to admit, he's a good kisser.

Suddenly, you hear a large noise. You pull apart and turn around, seeing a knocked over trash can and a girl with brown hair in a white jacket running away. You find that odd but shrug it off.

A little later, after Josh went home, you find yourself strolling around the little shopping centre near the river. You glance over your shoulder and see the girl from earlier facing the other direction, waiting for her friend to come out of a shop. You decide to go up to her and see if she's okay.

You walk up to her and tap her on the shoulder. "Hey, are you okay? You knocked over that trash can then ran away real quick. Did it hurt-" You suddenly stop as the girl turns around slowly. Your stomach drops to your feet when you realize who it is.