nine

Raindrops splattered all over the window. I paced towards my room. The blue dress was laid neatly atop of my bed. My black flats were placed on the floor below it. The sound of a gentle knock came from the door.

"Liv, honey?"

"Yeah mom?"

"Can I come in?"

"Mhm,"

In came a somewhat-worried mother. She tried her best to put on a sweet face.

"Liv, I'm happy that you're going on this date, you know. But please make sure that you keep this whole 'boyfriend' situation under control. I just want to make sure you're not distracted with you're studies."

"Don't worry mom, I can handle it. I want to show you that I can be responsible in this situation." I hold her shoulders.

"Okay," she says weakly, "oh, come here, pumpkin nose."

Her eyes are watery as she holds her arms out, urging me hug her. I give her a soft smile and accept the offer. We stay in our position for a bit, later on Mother letting go.

"You should probably get ready." She sniffles.

"Alright. I love you, mom." I say while she walks out the door.

"Love you too."

After our 'emotional' encounter, I slip into the dress while looking in the mirror to see how I look. For once, I didn't feel that bad about myself...

I add on light makeup and jewelry to compliment my dress. All together, it looks nice. I walk downstairs, in hopes of no one being in the living room. My luck was unfortunate because my Mother laid comfortably on the sofa.

"Do you know when your date will get here?" She questions.

"Yes but, it's not time yet." I shrug.

She forms an 'O' shape with her mouth before turning her gaze towards her iPad. I walk to the love seat across from the couch. My phone slips from my grasp and falls on the floor. I pick it up slowly, looking at the notification that had lit up my screen.

Harry: Im sorry Im a little late

Me: Totally acceptable... Jk you shouldnt give off that kind of impression though...😁

Harry: Im sorry

Me: Stop apologizing! It's annoying. And you have bad phone grammar.

Harry: I can't help it and, better?😈

Me: Just get over here. Damn.

Harry: Oh no, I can't go out with you. You cuss!😷

Me: Cya

I laugh aloud, getting an odd look from my Mother.

Harry: Picture Message; Do ya like it??

Me: Oh gosh, why do you look so formal

Harry: If it wasnt obvious enough, we're going to a fancy dinner.. DUH😂

Me: Shouldve mentioned that, im wearing a casual blue dress😳

Harry: Text it to me

Me: Picture Message; eh

Harry: 😍YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL I like it. Are you wearing heels too?