A Last Minute Thought

I lay on my back. My bed hugged my heels and hips while my comforter lightly held my elbows. My eyes scanned the ceiling. Every eye movement brought new focus to the different lights and shadows. A voice slipped through my thoughts. One that wasn't my own. It had a slight bounce but with substance and pull. It was playful and a little more nasally than my own making me believe the voice once had a life more northern than me. The thought decrecendoed and the words quickly escaped my memory but I herd it. The pause at the end. Like the owner was thinking and left a semicolon at the end of the sentence. The pause was sometimes a Segway or more often just an end. Warmth flooded my brain and heart as there was no mistake who's voice it was. Despite the name just out of grasp of my memory the image was clear. The tall boy sitting forward in his chair. His blue eyes smiled as much as his mouth from behind his black framed glasses, to which we almost twin. His short sandy brown hair and seemingly favourite highly saturated blue shirt adding to his coherent portrayal of himself. He was adorable in the sense he loved creating fun characters and stories, player drama, and murder trials. Which was in no short supply thanks to our hectic Thursday tabletop club.

Sleep pulls on my eyes and it takes all my energy to continue to study the ceiling. I couldn't wait for next Thursday to see all my new friends. Finally sleep managed to capture my mortar control and took my brain hostage.