Chapter 1 - Friday

okay i know i haven't updated my other story in forever, but i've had the idea for this story for awhile, and i've just now got around to actually putting into (good) writing lol. it's mostly about American Muslims in this generation, but there will be non-Muslim characters too. so tell me what you guys think :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

Friday

Amrin knocked on the front door, and began fidgeting with her hijab once again. Amira stood behind her, the young girl’s head buried in a thick book, while Imaan bounced on her toes, excited.  Amrin turned to her sisters.  

“Girls, be good okay?  I don’t want you guys fighting in front of Farah and Haseena.  Mamma wouldn’t  be too happy about that, right?”  Just as she was finishing her sentence, the door opened, revealing a handsome guy with bright green eyes.  He smirked down at Amrin from his height of 6 feet.

“I knew you couldn’t stay away,” he said.

“In your dreams, Shoaib,” Amrin replied, rolling her eyes.  She pushed past him, dragging Amira and Imaan in with her.  As expected, Amira went straight to the living room and curled up on the couch with her book.  Shoaib closed the door and walked past Amrin and Imaan, poking his head into a room.

“Farah! Haseena! Amira and Imaan are here.”  He then turned back to Amrin.  “Excited?”

Amrin frowned.  “For what?”

“Watching a bunch of annoying little girls on a Friday night.”  Shoaib smirked.

“You can be really mean sometimes, you know that?”

Before Shoaib could respond, the door opened and a head popped out.  “Oh Amrin!  I thought I heard your voice.  I’m glad you’re here, we were just heading out.  Once your Asma chachi finishes up with her hijab, we’ll be on our way.”

“No problem Hassan chacha.  My dad’s rubbing off on me.  I always seem to reach places earlier than I’m supposed to,” Amrin laughed.  The door opened all the way and Asma and Hassan stepped out, dressed to go to their friend’s cousin’s wedding.

“Amrin!  It’s good to see you honey.”  Asma exclaimed, smiling warmly.  “I’m sure you know where everything is, right?”

“Of course Asma chachi!  I’ve only been over here about a thousand times!” Amrin joked, smiling widely.  Asma and Hassan chuckled.

“Okay, so we’ll get going now.  Salma is sleeping, but she should be up soon, and dinner is on the table,” Asma replied.

“That’s fine.  What time do you want them to be in bed?”

“I think 9 o’clock should be okay.  I don’t want them staying up too late even though tomorrow is Saturday.  Your parents probably told you we’ll be back tomorrow.  They’re fine with you and your sisters staying here for the night.  They told Imran to stay here too.”  Asma then walked over to Haseena and Farah.  

“You girls be good, and don’t give Amrin baji a hard time, okay?  We’ll see you tomorrow.  Allahafiz girls!  Allahafiz beta,” she said to Shoaib, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“Allahafiz girls, and behave.  If we hear that you’ve been bad, you’ll both be grounded.  We’ll see you tomorrow, Shoaib.”  Hassan smiled and winked at Amrin, waving to the girls before closing the door behind him.  Amrin went over and made sure that the door was locked.

“Let me just fix my scarf, and then we’ll play whatever you guys want, okay?”  The girls began to cheer but Amrin was quick to quiet them down.