Chapter 1 'Voyeur'

WARNING~~~MATURE CONTENT~~THIS IS MOSTLY PURE SMUT, OR 'PORN WITH PLOT' IF I'M LUCKY. SO.....YEAH.

DON'T READ IT IF YOU DON'T APPROVE OF GETTIN' DOWN AND DIRTY WITH THESE TWO BOYS!

~~~~

Illumi stood atop a hill, mostly concealed by viney bushes. He considered the job before him. And it was, quite literally, right before him.

He had been hired to slay a random unfortunate who had gotten on the wrong side of a family affiliate. From the description of the job and target, all would be plainly routine.
It had not been until about an hour ago, when Illumi mounted the hilltop and scanned the nearby park's edge. Hidden behind overgrowth, an old bench sat occupied by one person.

Three things became clear.
One: This job would not be routine.
Two: His family's intel was vastly lacking for once.
Three: A figure from Illumi's own past now presented himself, and presented an unexpected problem as well.

Sitting on the secluded bench sat Chrollo Lucifer. Chrollo had been looking forward to coming to his "secret place" to read a new, yet actually very old book he had just purchased at a rare-book shoppe. Free time and alone time were both infrequent and precious to him, so he was determined to enjoy the next couple of hours in pure solitude.

Chrollo had, for a brief time, been a very close friend to Illumi. But Illumi had ruined that. Or maybe Chrollo had ruined it. Either way, since the last day they saw each other as teens, they had both regretted the situation almost daily.

And earlier today, Chrollo had, for some reason, recalled the last time he spoke to Illumi, the last day he spent with him. It was the last time he had the privilege of staring into those exotic eyes, ever expressionless, but somehow still so mystical. Chrollo was allowing his mind to wander again. He couldn't bear to think of Illumi for more than a few moments or his insides hurt.
So, he sat back and opened the gloriously battered leather cover of his book. He was excited to re-read his new-ancient copy of the dark and depraved Malleus Maleficarum, complete with illustrations.

Illumi, on the other hand, was anything but relaxed. He was determined to do his job. Assassins do not have friends. It was a teenage mistake to contrive otherwise. Look where it got him: a world of hurt.

Illumi usually struck his targets quickly, suddenly and with no hesitation - and immediately upon locating them if the situation permitted. His determination and focus had all but abandoned him at the present time, however.

He had been on this goddamn hilltop nearly an hour, concealing his presence the whole time, just observing....for no apparent reason. Chrollo....or rather, THE TARGET was surely unaware of his presence. He was unarmed, save for that dastardly blade. After all, he could only read one book at a time.

So why hadn't Illumi struck him already? The eldest Zoldyck child continued to look through the binoculars. He saw a very familiar face, grown up a bit. The features were as handsome as he remembered. No, the head of the Ryodan was even more handsome now. He still had a boyish face, but a more defined physique.
Something was making Illumi slightly warm, despite the cool breeze blowing. He scolded himself for thinking such unprofessional and useless thoughts about another man.

---Kuro, I'm sorry---

Chrollo remained partially reclined on the bench reading his thick volume, blissfully ignorant, or possibly blissfully ignoring. His white dress shirt was unbuttoned the top few, and up the bottom a few buttons as well, jacket cast aside. Pale, smooth skin peeked out above his belt. Black dress trousers, nicely tailored, had now lost their creases. Illumi cursed himself for returning his gaze to Chrollo so many times for no purpose.