Remembering - An Introduction

As Chrollo walked back from his favorite used bookstore, he thought of the unexpected encounter he had just had. Mind you, he had better things to think about right now - like his own personal safety, as well as his upcoming move to the Troupe's new "hideout" over in the next prefecture. But for some reason, his thoughts were repeatedly jarred back to the boy he had encountered. No matter how focused he tried to remain on the priorities at hand, his mind one-tracked back to a long forgotten intrigue.

The "boy" Chrollo had met, now quite a man, was none other than Illumi Zoldyck. He was heir to the Zoldyck fortune and legacy, known for being the deadliest family on the continent and perhaps the richest too. Chrollo had actually known Illumi before - not "met" Illumi before - no, he had actually known him. Or at least he thought he had. Many years had passed however. And with the way the two of them had parted, Chrollo did not expect to ever get close to Illumi again....close enough to speak softly to, to be near enough to smell him, that familiar intoxicating scent of Sandalwood and Rose, with a hint of.... Frankincense maybe, still tickling his nostrils as he now walked down the street. Chrollo's thoughts drifted far away, back about ten years, to the last night he had seen Illumi and a single hot, stinging tear rolled down his cheek.