A Queen

Makarov couldn't find the words he needed to express how angry he was with his children. It bubbled in his chest as he walked down the steps from his office to the main balcony that overlooked the guild hall.

These guild members are family! How DARE they do such a thing to Lucy?! She already was neglected by her father, and now she was dumped by the only people she loved and trusted left.

The guild master can only imagine the agony she was in. All her friends and family completely abandoned the poor child.

"ATTENTION YOU BRATS!" He seethed from his spot.

The guild went silent.

"I have NEVER been more disgusted and disappointed with the actions of my children!!" His voice rang out over everyone, the silence causing the hurt in his voice to surround them in a blanket of guilt. "To think, that after everything we've all been through, after all those who were saved by generosity and unconditional love; by ACCEPTANCE!"

The guild hall rattled with his anger, dust flying down from the corners of the ceiling and small chips of wood thunking an unlucky few in the head.
"We have lost someone who has put their life on the line for this guild time and time again. WE have failed them when they needed us most and now we are forced to reap the consequences should they come back with a vengeance."

"WHO?!" the guild asked out in outrage and most in concern.

"And what?" The old man yelled back. "When did you suddenly care who she was? How many weeks have gone by with you all having your heads up your ass, huh? How long have you neglected the family who would have and HAS done everything in her power for this guild?! For this FAMILY!!"

Mira slowly stepped forward into his line of sight. His brow unwound slightly by the tears that made her eyes glimmer in sadness.

"It was Lucy, wasn't it?" She asked, her little sprout wilting to show how heartbroken she was. Wendy stepped forward and gently looped their arms together, the same sadness on her features as well, and they both looked at me as though they already knew the answer.

Makarov nodded slowly. "Yes, you are correct. I know you guys,, among others, were her friends to the end. I thank you for that."

They nodded, sitting down and Laxus comforted the crying girls. Romeo attempted to hug Wendy but looked like he had been slapped when she brushed right by, ignoring him and sitting down by Levy, who welcomed her into her arms warmly. Gajeel glared at the kid, Levy not noticing with all her attention on the sobbing Wendy.

Fire burned in Romeo's chest, embarrassed and shunned in the way the love of his life dismissed him. To rather be held by someone who mourned over a bottom feeder leaving the guild. He couldn't help but grit his teeth. "But sir, Why do you blame us if the weakling left and made this guild more powerful?"

Natsu stepped forward behind Romeo, a supportive hand coming to rest on his shoulder firmly. "The kid has a point Gramps. Why are you throwing such a fit over a nobody? Did you forget she's the one who got Phantom Lord on our ass? We were lucky FairyTail survived that to begin with!"

"Did YOU forget who saved YOUR ass when you were fighting Gajeel?! Or when she defeated Bixlou when Laxus rampaged on the city?"

Natsu didn't have a response to that. What could he say? And why... why did his words make sense?

Natsu's thoughts had been nothing but a jumble of gratitude and slight unease since Lisanna's return. How could it not? To go all those years thinking your best friend is dead... only for them to pop up again out of nowhere. It was...confusing. To say the least.