The Heartbreak

Kawaii~Chan's POV

The rain poured down harder and harder as I continued to walk along the lonely road. Water pooled on the sidewalks and went down to the sewers.

Warm tears filled up my eyes as they trailed down to my cheeks. I had my arms wrapped around my chest as I trudged along.

I struggled to keep the sobs in but managed anyway.

"How could he do this to me?"

He had gone and cheated on me with Michi. Michi of all people! I had always despised that girl but because of my alternate personality, Kawaii~Chan, I had to pretend to like her.

I really thought Damien would be the one. But, the more I thought about it, I realized I had been horribly wrong.

I never really liked Damien for his personality, I only liked him for his looks.

If I kept dating guys only for their looks, I would end up lonely for forever.

I thought about all the guys in my life. All my exes and current boys I had around. I went through them in my mind until one caught my eye.

Zane. He might be rude to everyone else but I have seen how he treats Aphmau. With genuine care and sensitivity.

He has also been treating me really nicely. When I was down, Zane had been the one to pick me back up, to comfort me. Zane, had been the one to help me when no one else could.

The realization hit me like a truck. My biggest mistake in life wasn't dating all those guys to try to find love. It was that I was too stupid to see the guy that I had been looking for all my life had been in front of me all this time.

My eyes widened as I turned around and started to run back to Lovers Lane. I ran and ran, the view of trees passing by.

The big houses that I grew to know over the years were coming into my vision as I started to run faster. 

I wasn't careful though, and I slipped.
My body hit the ground with a lot of force. I laid there not knowing what to do. I closed my eyes, not caring that I was laying on the road.

I slowly closed my eyes to witness complete darkness, and then silence.

Zane's POV

I has been sitting in my house, all alone may I add, when I heard a small scream outside. It was late at night and everyone was probably asleep.

I turned off the TV and then made my way over to the window. I pulled the curtain aside a bit and then squinted my eye to try and see through the rain.

I saw a blob of pink lying on the side of the road. I gasped when I realized who it was.

I quickly sprinted over to my room to get a blanket and then ran outside. I practically slid my way to her because of the rain.

I checked her pulse and she seemed fine. I wrapped the blanket around her and then hoisted her up into my arms.

She was surprisingly really light so I carried her with ease. I gently laid her on the couch and then checked if she had any injuries.

She had a scrape on her knee, probably from when she fell. There was one question I had in mind though. 'What was she doing out this late, especially in the rain.'

I placed a band-aid on the scrape and then settled down onto the couch.

After a few minutes I could feel movement beside me. I glanced to my side to see Kawaii~Chan rubbing her eyes and then proceed to stretch out her limbs.

She looked at me and then had a surprised look on her face that was soon replaced by a faint blush on her cheeks.

"Are you ok?"

She nodded but didn't do much else.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

She let out a shuddering sigh and then started tearing up a bit.

"Damien... cheated on me."

'What!? When I see him he's dead!'

"We were planning on going on a date today, but I caught him kissing Michi. The worst part is, he tried to cover it up like if it was nothing!"

I was shocked. I had not expected this. She soon started to cry silently while I sat there helplessly. But it then turned into loud sobs that she couldn't control.

It was painful to see her like this.  I could feel her eyes glow with the need, the want of being helped. Like if she was reaching out to me, not wanting to drown in her sadness.

All I could do was embrace her and let the torrent of her tears to soak through my shirt. She seemed as if she wanted to stop, but she couldn't.

I could feel her clench her fists, not knowing whether to be mad or to give up hope all together. I could see the pain and suffering written on her face. 

I  ran my fingers through her hair, time and time again, in an attempt to calm the silent war within her mind.

"Shhh. Everything's ok now."

After a while of just hugging each other, she decided to speak up.

She confessed everything, from her real name and how she had felt all these years. I could relate to her in a way. All throughout my life I had felt abandoned, unimportant.

We were both so broken, but I wanted to fix her. To piece her back together. Ever since the day I started having a crush on her, I wanted to help.

Every time she was upset or was crying, I would comfort her. I knew the exact way to help as well, ask too many questions and they would feel worse.

Most of the time, they just needed to be understood, to have someone share those emotions.

"Z-Zane, can I tell you something?"

"Hmm? What is it?"

"I-I was stupid not to realize it earlier. You would always comfort me and make me feel better. You're even comforting me at this moment!"

She then averted her gaze from me and stared at the floor. She looked scared for what she was about to say.

"What I'm trying to say, is that I like you, a lot."

My eyes widened as she looked down at the floor, flattening her ears against her head.

"I like you too."

She raised her head so fast I was surprised she didn't get whiplash.

"You do?"

I nodded and then heard her let out a sigh of relief. I laughed a little and then engulfed her in a big hug. I felt her small arms wrap around my waist as she laid her head onto my shoulder.

We laid there content, not caring if anyone saw us. We pulled away and then looked into each other's eyes.

"How about we watch My Little Horsies?"

"I would love that."

I grabbed my remote and turned on the program. Throughout the episode, we laughed with each other at the jokes until our sides hurt.

I'm glad I had been there for her. We hugged each other until we both fell asleep in each others arms.