Twenty

Shawn Carter

"These pictures nice

"These pictures nice.." I said as the homies and I looked through the pictures we had taken on the photographer's camera.

Today was a special day for me. It was the grand opening of my sports bar that I had worked tirelessly on for over a year now. Seeing how it all came together really made me extremely proud of myself and the people that helped me.

The event only been going on for an hour, but so many people was here to celebrate with me. Mostly everyone I invited was here and I was delighted at all of the support.

Only person missing was Beyoncé.

I've been trying my best to keep my mind off her since things really aren't so good right now. She only talked to me when it had something to do with our son King, who will be turning one pretty soon.

At the rate we were going, we will never get back together – at least that's what she says, but she has yet to file for divorce. It confused the fuck out of me. And no, I don't want to be separated from her, but I'm not understanding why she's acting the way she is but not trying to sign any papers.

She's still accusing me of cheating, which I'm not. We're not together, but we're still married and I respected that even though I didn't before. I learned my lesson and I wasn't trying to fuck up again so I didn't have any other woman on my arms or anything like that. I was just waiting on Beyoncé.

She was a totally different person it seemed like, and I wasn't feeling it. Not this Beyoncé.

"We need to get you drunk." My homie, Puff said as he handed me a shot glass. I chuckled and shook my head.

"I'm good on it. I'm not trying to get that loose tonight."

"That's cool. At least take this one shot."

With all the guys encouraging me to take down the shot, I did it just because. This weird feeling came over me and I shook my head in disgrace. I always hated drinking, I would rather light a blunt and continue on about my day.

I left the guys to tend to my other guests. Overall, I was just making sure everyone was pleased and comfortable. That's really all there was to it.

While I was having a conversation with one of my bartenders, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned in that direction to see Ty short ass staring at me.

"What's up?" I questioned, breaking away from the conversation held before he approached me.

"Your wife is here." He whispered in my ear. I was a little taken back hearing that because I never thought Beyoncé would show up. I did invite her, but she never responded to the invitation so I figured she wasn't down for it.

Finally, my eyes landed on her and my jaw dropped at how stunning she looked.