Cocky Toff in Cowboy Hat Part 3: Get some rest

Ginger tried to comfort you but ‬it didn't change the way you felt. The ‪doctor said it's a miracle but you're pregnant. In the next 4 weeks, you have to avoid straining or you can easily have a miscarriage. ‬The world felt broken now, irreparably broken.

"Are you gonna tell him?" Her arms wrapped tightly around you.

"Pf! Yeah. Hey Jack, guess who's gonna lose another unborn child? Congratulation, it's you!" And much as you were mad at Whiskey at the moment, the words you've just spoke hit you hard in your chest.

"You're right. He couldn't bear the thought." Ginger agreed thinking about Whiskey's tragic history with his pregnant love. "But what if..." She was gesturing a growing belly.

"I really don't know." Your voice cracked on the last word. "But I have 4 weeks before I need to worry about it, I guess."

It had been three days since you came back from your last mission and Whiskey was still out of your reach. He must have become bored with you or had another woman to conquer. You knew it's miserable to love a cocky womanizer like Whiskey but it didn't matter how hard you tried to deny; you were wildly in love with him. You thought you were probably meant to spend the night lonely, crouching at the heart rather than sleep in your bed when someone knocked on the door.

It was him.

Lips pressed in a thin line, scowling at you with his head lower like a sad puppy. He wasn't himself. You wanted to wrap him up in your arms with all your might and covering his face with kisses. Instead, you swallowed back your thrill and raised your eyebrows at him.

"You finally managed to locate my door again, agent Whiskey?!" You tried to suppress the emotions in your voice.

"I know ya mad at me, doll..." He started.

"Mad is no word for it, Jack." You said, rolling your eyes.

"I know, I know I was a dickhead but listen! Champ's gonna ask you to come with me to a mission that..."

"He's already asked me." You put the extinguisher on him and his eyes became darker.

"Please don't take this one." A look of pain passed over his face, and you wondered at it. What the hell made him suddenly got sick of you that much?

"Wow, ok." You gave him a sardonic grin before you turned and walked to the liquor cabinet. Your nightie was really very short and you could almost feel his eyes lingered on you as you walked across the room. He let himself in and closed the door. "So you think you can dump me without a word and tell me what to do." You poured yourself a drink, lifted the glass to took only a taste of it when you realized the mistake you did and carefully spat it back into the glass.

"That's not what this is about." He took his hat off and ran his hand through his thick, dark hair. The soft tone in his voice enraged you.

"I don't care, Jack!" You snapped out so angrily his eyes went wide. "I don't care what is this about 'cause actually I have bigger problems than giving a single fuck about you." You put your glass down on the table with a thud. "But don't worry honey, I didn't take the job."

"What problems?" He asked and you were startled at the change in his face, so livid and feeble. His eyes filled with concern and you couldn't bare the look of it.

"Not yours...yet." You mumbled the last word quietly and turned away. He took a deep breath and exhaled sharply.

"I can understand you don't wanna speak to me. I better get going." He growled and walked to the door. As he touched the knob your glass of whiskey crashed on the wall beside his head. He turned and saw your small, tensed figure. Your eyes were sparkling fire and your nostrils expanded as you breathed deeply. He couldn't hold himself back anymore. He stepped across, cupped your cheeks firmly and pressed his lips against yours.