Eerily curiouser and eerily curiouser ...

I needed to find Frosty. He didn't know what had just happened yet, so he'd talk about something else, anything else, and I would calm the fuck down. But it didn't seem like the guy could be found anywhere. Okay, well, I was gonna call him then.

"Yo, Frost where you at ?" I asked as soon as he picked up.

"Kat didn't show up today. I had to make sure she was ... that she was okay." He said with a tone that didn't show any emotions.

"Oh. I see." Damn. His day wasn't easy either.
"And how is she ?"

"She's fine. She just ... she has to do this huge dialysis today."

"Okay. Do you need me ? " I knew he was gonna say no but I wished I could do something for him for once. Even if it'd be easier for them to stay apart, I suddenly got Frosty's need to be close to her.

"No man. I'm good." I rolled my eyes. Obviously.

"Fine. Just call me later."

"Yes, mommy." He sneered before I hung up. He didn't lose his sense of humour; it mustn't be too bad.

Now, let's come back to my stuff. I decided to walk through the buildings to calm myself down. But as I entered the last hall, I saw Ali.
That was it. I couldn't take it anymore. I wasn't gonna try ignoring her any longer.
I followed her until it was only the two of us in the hall. I wrapped my arm around her waist and forced her to switch directions.
"This way. You and I are going to talk." I growled hoping she wouldn't resist.
And thank God she didn't.

We walked to my Jeep and got in. The plan was to make her admit she could see zombies. That would be a great start. I was gonna trust my gut and right now I did not feel like she was part of an ambush. How far can you follow your feelings against evidence ? No one could fake the hysteria she had shown during the vision I had. With Anima, she would already have been prepared for these kinds of situations.
I was gonna take her to the forest behind her house. Show her the tracks I'd seen would be a start. If she understood that I knew she was from Anima and I scared her enough, maybe she'd spill the dirt.

"Dr. Wright will-" she murmured calling me to reality.

"She won't care that we're gone." I interrupted. Well ... she won't care after I've explained the situation.

"How do you know ? Did you ask her ?"

No need to lie to her. She'd know eventually.

"So where are you taking me ?" She tried.

Hoho... If she thought she could lead the examination, she was totally in the wrong.
I increased the volume of the radio, hoping she'd get the message.
It seemed like she did because she didn't try to ask anything again, but I could now feel her gaze on me. I concentrated on the road to forget her presence.
But after 15 minutes, I took a look towards her, and she was still staring at me.
I shut down the music.

"What ?"

"Just looking." She answered with a smirk.
She wanted to play ? I could play it aggressively too.

"That boy. Justin." Shit. Should I have begun with that ? At least she has lost her little smile.

"What about him ?"
I began it, better finish it.

"Are you dating him ?"
I was pretty sure she wasn't. And as soon as I pronounced my question, I realised what I really wanted to ask was « Do you want to go out with him ? ».

"No, no I'm not." Great. That was a great start. "Why do you care, anyway ?" She continued.
Uh. Is it me or did her tone imply way more than it should have?