✿truth or dare✿

On Marinette's balcony sat nearly the entire group- a few had to catch up on school projects, already had plans, or simply just couldn't make it. Nino, Alya, Adrien, Marinette, Alix, Kim, Juleka, Rose, Luka, and Nathaniel all sat in a loose circle. Some of them were sitting on pillows, a few were hugging pillows to their chest, the rest didn't want one. Luka's guitar rested against the balcony's wall, Alix's roller blades were propped up a few feet away.

Alya laughed waiving her hands. "Alright, alright! Marinette, truth or dare?"

Marinette studied Alya's face, looking for any signs of mischief. Unluckily, she had her poker-face on. "Ehh, truth?"

Alya let out a prolonged groan. "Fiiiine. I called you like thirty times last night! Tell me, where were you?"

The truth? She was out fighting as Ladybug, accompanied by Chat Noir. But she couldn't know that. Marinette thought up a quick lie. "I... got a part-time job? Yeah."

She squinted at Marinette, clearly not buying it. "Oh yeah? What's the job?"

The girl with pigtails smiled innocently. "You only get one question, Alya! Gotta wait until next time."

"Ugh, I hate it when you're right."

Marinette giggled, patting Alya's shoulder. She was about to ask her next victim- er- friend, but a loud sneeze, bang ,and a groan caught her attention. She stood up, walking to the edge of the balcony. "I know that sneeze..."

Alix raised her eyebrows at her. "You-You can identify people by their sneezes? That's a real talent there."

Marinette looked over the edge and grinned. "It's not just anyone- it's Marc!"

Just at that second, Nathaniel's head shot up from his sketchbook, looking over to the balcony's edge. Alix snorted. "Someone's excited~"

"Shut up!" Nathaniel shot her a glare.

Marinette shook her head, smiling at the two. She looked down at Marc, who had apparently sneezed, walked into a pole, and fell. "Hey, Marc!" She yelled down to him. He looked around, confused as to where he heard it from. He went in two full circles, still lost. "Up here!" She leaned over the edge a bit, waving an arm at him.

He finally looked up and saw her there, smiling. "Oh, hi Marinette."

"Do you wanna come up here? I have a few friends over and we're playing truth or dare!" She called to him.

"U-Um, if you want... I-I'd have to check in with my mother first."

Marinette nodded happily. "Mmm-hmm! Go ahead! We'll be up here." She disappeared from his view, sitting back down.

Marc lightly smiled, taking his phone out. He sped-dialed his mother, putting the phone to his ears. It rang for a few seconds, before she picked up.

"Hey, kiddo. Did you get lost again?" the voice asked.

"Hi, mom. Uh, no... surprisingly. Um, I called because Marinette invited me to hang out at her house and I wanted to check in with you. I-Is that okay?" He asked calmly.

The line was silent for a second. "Are there other kids there?"

"Uh, yeah. A few. I don't know who, though."

She thought it over for a while. "Hmm... well, I don't see why not! As long as you behave and are back home before eleven, it's fine with me!"

Marc made a small laugh. "Mom, have you ever known me to do anything remotely bad?"

She laughed. "You got me there, kiddo. Have fun, alright?"

"I will. Bye, mom."

"Bye, honey~"