✿wonderland pt. 1✿

✿ trigger warning✿ 

✿ disease, mentions of blood✿  

Loud wails screamed from loudspeakers stationed all around Paris. Students jumped and looked around in a panicked daze, teachers quick to bring their chatter to a minimum. Barely seconds after, the wails ceased and a calming voice followed.

"Do not feel alarmed, citizens of Paris. An akumatized victim is loose among the city. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly fashion. I suggest taking shelter in cement structures with as little glass or windows nearby, if possible. This is not a drill, I repeat this is not a drill. If you find yourself face to face with the akumatized villain, cover your ears, nose, and mouth. Please remain calm. The Heroes of Paris will save the day, I assure you. I bring you this message and others to come shortly on behalf of Mayor Bourgeois. Remain vigilant, citizens of Paris."

Miss Bustier gave the class a reassuring smile. "Alright, students. I trust you know the drill?"

Various kids murmured agreements, others still to shocked to say anything. The alarm protocol had been made law not too long after the attack Hawkmoth led, though most never thought it would have to be used. It was only for villains that could potentially harm or have catastrophic results- as in death. even Students quietly gathered in the least visible corner and wall of the classroom, Miss Bustier hurrying to let down the shades to cover the windows. She tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear, quickly locking the classroom's entrances. She shut off the lights, standing in front of the students that were huddled together.

The redheaded teacher quietly went through roll call. All were present except for Adrien, Marinette, Nathaniel, and Chloe. Miss Bustier hid her concern, putting on a brave smile for her students.

"I'll have to report their absence to Principle Damocles. Does anyone know where they could be?" She asked calmly.

Rose silently raised her hand, Miss Bustier moving closer so she didn't have to raise her voice. "I'm pretty sure that Marinette and Adrien were helping Nate out with something secret. Last I saw them, they were heading out of the art room."

Miss Bustier nodded her head, taking out her phone. It was always set to silence, since it was usually a distraction in class. "Thank you, Rose."

The room was silent. Miss Bustier silently typed on her phone, sending a note to Mr. Damocles. It quickly explained the three missing students and their last known whereabouts. She covered the phone's light with her suit jacket, looking at the students once more.

"Is there anything else I should know?" she asked tentatively.

Students quietly muttered, looking around at each other. Lila bit her lip, slowly raising her hand. Miss Bustier moved in front of her, signaling her to talk.

"I don't know if this means anything, but I overheard him talking about green. For most of the class, in fact."

Miss Bustier nodded, looking over to Nathaniel's friends. "Does this mean anything to him?"

Juleka shook her head, unsure, while Rose shrugged. Alix looked as if she was thinking, until her eyebrows raised. "Ohhh, Marc! It's Marc's free period, so whatever the plan was had to involve Marc. He's probably around the stairs." Alix reported quietly.

Their teacher smiled. "Thank you, Alix and Lila." She tilted the phone out just enough to type on it. She added another note updating their whereabouts. Mr. Damocles sent a note back saying that he would check the school's cameras to see if they hadn't found a place to hide.