December 23rd

There are some presents you just can't give someone in front of their family. Well, you could, but it would be extremely uncomfortable for everyone involved.

So that was how you came to be hovering on the edge of the en suite, waiting for Tom to make his way to the bedroom. You'd told him you had an early Christmas present to give him, and to come in in five minutes. He was a little confused, and a lot intrigued, so he agreed. Checking yourself in the bathroom mirror, you ruffled your hair and smacked your lips together, tinted lip balm making them slightly tacky. You took a deep breath when you heard a knock at the bedroom door, calling out to tell him to come in.

You pulled the bathroom door open to see him perched on the end of the bed, looking around the room curiously. The only lights were the soft glow of the fairylights strung up around the room, and the bathroom light now pouring in through the open door. He held the gift box you'd left on the bed in his right hand, but it fell abandoned onto the blanket as soon as you opened the door, his attention snapping to you in an instant.

"Holy shit-"

He moved to stand, but you were quicker - striding towards him and keeping him seated with a hand to his chest. You stood between his legs, his hands trailing up your thighs and over your hips as his eyes raked across your body.

Deep red, the lingerie set you wore complemented your body perfectly. The longline of the bra combined with the highrise of the knickers left only a few inches of your abdomen exposed, a strip of silky smooth skin between intricate lace.

Your finger traced along the edge of Tom's jaw, hooking under his chin to tilt his face up to yours. His eyes lingered on your breasts, cupped in crimson, before meeting your gaze.

"I'm being romantic."

"I can see that", he chuckled softly, his hands continuing to roam your body.

Tucking his bottom lip between his teeth, he looked up at you expectantly. You couldn't help the corners of your mouth twitching up into a smirk - there's definitely something to be said for the way lingerie can make you feel. Sexy, confident - empowered, even, especially when there's a pair of chocolate brown eyes gazing up at you adoringly, awaiting your next move.

You leant down to brush your lips over his, pulling back when he attempted to deepen the kiss. His shoulders slumped slightly as he huffed, but he soon perked up when you reached for the box beside him.

"Merry Christmas."

Your voice was barely above a whisper as you held the box out to him, his hands leaving your body reluctantly to take it from you. You bit your lip then, watching his face intently as he tossed the lid aside, lifting the layer of tissue paper covering your gift. Four strips of silk lay side by side in the box, each one folded neatly into a square. Deep crimson, they matched your underwear perfectly.

"Is this," Tom glanced up at you, running his fingers over the cool fabric. "What I think it is?"

"Depends what you think it is." You shrugged, draping your arms over his shoulders and twirling a strand of his hair around your index finger.

"My first thought was pocket squares, but given the context..."

Tilting your face down once more, you smiled as you pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

"It's not pocket squares."

You felt his lips curve beneath yours when you kissed him again. His smirk quickly vanished, though, your hands tangling further into his hair as he deepened the kiss. You didn't pull back this time, melting into him. You heard the rustle of tissue paper as he set the box aside, his hands resuming their place on your waist to pull you closer.