Chapter 1: Prologue

(Hey guys,Luna here today with a big announcement that I am continuing a pack member story that I adopted it sometime ago along with a few others as well, this story is from Rychan6 at this lovely website called FANFICTION! And their chapter from 1 through 7 will be the same, but for some future chapters will be up to me to see if I need help with ideas and need some help on what should Jack wear. This story is going to be on Wattpad since I have no computer to upload this story on Fanfiction sorry ( '•̥̥̥ω•̥̥̥' )

so without further ado, enjoy!)
------------------------------------------------
It was a dark and cold night; the moon was a small crescent shape. The snow was falling gently and silently, almost sad in a way. An old castle watching over a lake, there was no noise coming out of it. On the tip of the tallest tower was a boy, the boy had beautiful snow white hair, smooth pale skin, and bright icy blue ice. He was wearing a blue hoodie that had frost covering it; he wore tattered pants with bands securing them at the end.

This boy was Jack Frost, a 300 year old spirit of winter. He was looking down at the peaceful picture before him; his normally happy face was replaced by a sad one. In one hand was his signature staff but in the other was nothing you would ever expect. He was holding a 15 caliber hand gun.

"I'm sorry Manny," he cried out, "But I just can't take this anymore." He looked up at the crescent angrily, tears streaming down his face.

"You left me her for 290 years, never once talking to me," he choked out "You let me destroy so much, let me cause so much pain and suffering."

"Why? Why did you leave me here when there is nothing for me to live for?" He cried out, sobbing.

"I'm done, done! I'm not going to live like this anymore." Still sobbing, he raised the gun to his temple looking at his final picture of the world.

"Goodbye." After that he pulled the trigger and the next thing he knew, darkness.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dark, that was all he could see, just like when he first woke up, but theirs is something different this time. It's not cold like it was before. Instead, it was warm, almost homey, and he finds that he likes it.

"I believe he's starting to come around Professor." Voices, he's hearing voices, didn't he die.

"He's waking up Poppy." Jack opened his and was greeted by a white light. He blinked a few times to adjust. He noticed that he wasn't outside anymore; he was in a room full of beds, an infirmary. Jack looked around and found his staff at the foot of the bed and on his left he saw an old man. He wore a pointy hat, had a long grey beard and had wise old blue eyes that held a twinkle.

"Hello there young man." The old man greeted with a smile. This man could see him, he could really see him!

"How?" Jack stared, "How can you see me?"

The old man's smiled widened a bit, "It's not that hard to find a spirit around here, especially an elemental. You gave us quite the scare, young man. If I hadn't cast that freeze spell that bullet could have left you permanently damaged."

This man stopped him, why? Didn't he know that he wanted to be dead? Jack stared back at him.

"Why," he asked, "Why did you stop me?"

The man looked at him, the twinkle in his eyes dimmed.

"Spirits can't be killed," he replied, "they can be weakened or sealed but they cannot be killed."

After that, Jack felt his heart break, he can't escape, no matter what he does he will never be able to escape the constant pain.

The old man cleared his throat to gain his attention, "Tell me young man, exactly why you would try to kill yourself?"

Jack looked at his hands for a moment, trying to think of a way to explain.

"I was tired," he whispered, "I was tired of giving everything that I got but not getting anything back. I was tired of all the pain and loneliness."

He paused for a moment then smiled bitterly, "There is nothing for me in this world, they can find another spirit to take over winter, all I want is to find peace."

There was silence for a few minutes then the old man said, "I believe that would rather be difficult."

"What do you mean?" Jack asked.

"It's hard to find a spirit that can bear the harshness of winter and still be able to turn it gentle."

Jack stared in confusion, how did he know?

Sensing the question the old man smiled and explained, "I have record of winters in the past and when you came along the snow fell more gently then it ever has before."

He paused for a bit then continued, "when you make it snow, you make it fun, you make the children want to go out and enjoy themselves. You have turned something that used to represent sorrow and death into fun and laughter."

The old man smiled even bigger, "You are the only one who can do that."

'The only one?' Jack thought to himself, 'is that why Manny brought me here?' Jack wasn't so sure if he could believe that. The old man stroked his beard trying to think of a way to help jack when it hit him.

"You know young man; if you stepped out of the infirmary everyone would be able to see you." The old man's twinkle returned to his eye.

Jack looked at him in disbelief, "How?"

The old man chuckled, "You see young man, you're in Hogwarts, a school that specializes in magic. As long as it's magical we are able to see it."

Able to, able to see him, for the first time in weeks jack finally smiled and not just any smile, he smiled his real smile.

"Really?" He asked gleefully.

The old man smiled and nodded, "We are in need of a foreign magic teacher and I happened to notice that you have a few Japanese seals with you. So I was wondering if you would be interested in teaching the subject."

Jack took a few minutes to think about it, if he taught here the kids will be able to see him plus he would be helping to prepare them in life.

He looked at the professor and smiled, "When do I start?"

The old man returned the smile and said, "As soon as you're ready and by the way my name is Professor Dumbledore, the headmaster here might I know your name."

Jack gave Dumbledore a determined look and said, "My name is Jack, Jack Frost."