one

we all start off as strangers anyways.

+

"i should really sell my locker," camila said gesturing towards her empty locker.

"or you can give it back to the school so they can give it to someone who is actually in need of one?" luna suggested.

"when i could be making money? no thank you."

luna snickered at her pathetic attempt of earning money,

"of course."

"hey! i just had an idea, why don't you go get a job and earn money?" luna said with sarcasm dripping from her voice.

"because, that would actually mean i would need to work to earn my money."

to others, it would seem like they were a terrible match as friends yet luna was the only one who camila could hold a conversation with.

"okay, good luck with that. laters," luna waved walking to her next class.

+

"camila kim?"

"here," she said raising her hand up.

she immediately put in her earphones hearing the soft tunes of zara larsson.

"kangwoo lee?"

"here."

"mark lee?"

"here."

camila had the reputation of not giving much care or thought into anyone's lives.

although she had been in the same class for three years straight, she still couldn't remember most of the names in the class.

"hey camila, we're partners for the group project." a girl approached her giving a small smile.

"ah. hey. do you want to start up a google docs?"

"could you since i don't have my laptop today?"

"yeah, i need your email?"

"it's just my full name @gmail.com"

camila's hand hovered on the laptop for a few seconds. peering over to the girl in front of her, the name bora kang was plastered onto her book.

she let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding.

a light tap on the shoulder interrupted her essay writing.

she gritted her teeth because she had been on a roll. her points were excelling only to be interrupted.

"what?" camila rolled her eyes still continuing her writing.

"hey, weird favour but i really need a locker so i was wondering if we could share?"

she glanced up at the boy. brown hair with prominent thin eyebrows and cheekbones. he was even slightly attractive but as she continued to analyse his face there was still no familiarity.

"uhm, was who even are you?"

that came out harsher than intended.

"mark? mark lee. i'm literally in your class for almost every subject?" he said astounded.

he couldn't believe that a person in his class for three years still didn't know his name. he was even seat partners with her at one point.

"right. wait a minute, how on earth did you know i needed someone for my locker?" she asked raising her eyebrows.

how did luna spread the word so quickly within an hour of school.

"may or may have not overheard your conversation. but hey! you got yourself a locker buddy," mark grinned quickly suppressing his anger he had experienced two seconds ago.

it was mark culture to rid his anger straight away.

"fine. how much are you willing to pay me?"

"five bucks."

"uh uh. no can do. five dollars is nothing!" camila whined thinking about the twenty dollars she paid every year.

there was a small pause.

"look. i don't have much so drinks on me at bonnie's cafe since i work there."

he sounded pretty desperate at this point but she didn't know how carrying all those textbooks everywhere killed his back.

she pondered. that would cover her locker fee since the drinks there were overly priced.

"five dollars and drinks and you have yourself a deal."

mark put out his hand signalling for a handshake.

"deal, locker buddy."

she reciprocated his handshake and said her final words,

"nice doing business with you. also i'm waiting for my extra hot chai latte after school."

mark chuckled not knowing what troubles he had got himself to.

"she's so weird," he mumbled under his breath.

he also couldn't wait to tell his friends about finally getting a locker.

[not edited]
31/12/18