THIRTEEN

Song for chapter; I fall apart~ Post Malone

SUNDAY AFTERNOON.

"Thank you for taking me home" I looked to beside me at Ethan giving him a reassuring friendly smile.

After our little encounter yesterday morning I felt a bit awkward

"I have something for you" he smiled at me and I scrunched my eyebrows together with confusion.

A gift? For me?

He handed me a small gift wrapped box and I looked at him with a smile.

"Open it then" he chuckled, and I nodded while opening the box.

"Awh Ethan, I love it" I said staring down at the necklace with a gold star on it. I turned to him and gave him a hug, it lasted longer than expected but I wasn't complaining.

We both pulled away from the hug slowly, looking into each other's eyes, it was happening again, a moment. I would love to smash my lips against his but what if he thinks I'm crazy or to over the top.

"I can put it on for you" he snapped out of the staring contest making me also come to reality.

I handed him the necklace and turned my back to him grabbing my hair out of the way. He had clipped it at I turned back to face him.

"I better go inside" I said pointing to my house. "Thank you for a lovely weekend" I continued.

"Thank you for coming" he said as I got out of the car. "Oh and Naomi" he said and I turned back waiting for him to speak. "Merry Christmas" he smiled widely.

"Merry Christmas" I replied, I turned around walking to my front door hearing the noise of his car starting and driving away.

I unlocked my door and shut it once I was inside, sliding down smiling to myself.

Wow, maybe I do like him
_______________
CHRISTMAS DAY.

I woke up to my phone ringing, I check to see who it was and there in big bold writing;

Payton.
"Merry Christmas Ho!" She screamed down the phone.

"Ugh, no shouting, I just woke up" I said in my raspy voice.

"You humbug!" She laughed "I'm coming over in 20" Payton's family always spends Christmas with my family, we're both only children so to each other we're kind of like siblings; we fight like siblings, we talk like siblings, and we act like siblings.
_____________
"Now, open mine!" Payton said handing me the present she got me immediately after I opened my present from my mum. I ripped open the paper and smiled at what I saw.

A photo frame with the very first picture of us from nursery together.

"Is this-" she cut me off.

"The first day we met?" She grinned "yep" I got up and hugged her.

"I will cherish this forever" I smiled as I looked over at my mum who was about to take a picture of us, so instead of hugging we both pulled funny poses.

"Thanks pay" 'pay' my nickname for her since we were little. We smiled at each other and carried on opening presents.
______________
"So, you and Ethan spoke" she said as we were washing up the plates from dinner.

"About what?" I asked confused.

"Are you kidding me?" She stoped washing up and dried off her hands with the towel, I also stopped, still confused on what she was on about. " I saw you guys. In the lake" she's referring to mine and Ethan's 'almost kiss'

"It was nothing" I said walking towards the dining table to collect the glasses and clean the table.

"It didn't look like nothing" I knew it wasn't  nothing, she knew it wasn't nothing, but did Ethan think it wasn't nothing.

~to be continued~