Prologue

Laughter dances around the room, twisting around the occupants of the room, filling all with warmth. The small family were obviously content, at home with each others company. The parents sat by a small warm fire, smiling softly at the three children playing on the carpet by their feet. The woman was tall, not as tall as her husband but still tall. Her long black hair was neatly braided and hanging over her shoulder, and although there was a few grey strands mixed with the black she looked no older than thirty. The woman rested against her husband,head resting on his shoulder. He was a fit man for his age, and his features were strong and intriguing all sharp and statue like, cold if not for his warm personality.  He glanced over at his wife his warm blue eyes meeting her lighter yellow ones,and grins. He leans in close and whispers something in her ear, his golden brown hair tickling her.  She laughs lightly, causing the three small children to look up.

Thee children were all young and appealing to the eye, just like their parents. The eldest of the three was  a boy of around 6, with his fathers golden curled hair and his mothers amber eyes,always twinkling with mischief. The middle child, but not by much was a girl. She was 4, and exactly an hour older than her twin brother. She was tall,even at the tender age of 4 and her raven black hair curled around her angelic face. Her eyes were large and almond shaped, framed by long dark lashes that curled up, only highlighting her pupils, which were a beautiful silver colour, almost unnatural. Where she looked like her father, her twin looked like their mother. His eyes gold and yellow, his hair the same. They were like night and day. 

The woman chuckles a little more and scoops up all three of her children, covering their faces with kisses. Their father laughs and wraps his loved ones in his arms. They all laugh again and it seems they glow, as all people seem to do when happy and full of love, their cries of joy so wonderful and loud it dances out into the night to delight all who hears it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

That is all in the past, now only a distant memory, none but a single survivor left to continue telling this family's story. The story of the Blackhearts, who's name was the darkest thing about them, the story of the survivor, the story of the girl by the name of Gracelynn. The story of the girl who lost herself and her family, all in one night. But for that we have to start at the beginning, yes. The beginning of the end.