Chapter 1 : Flashing back

The nights dark, clouds rolling over the sky, hiding any source of heavenly light. A black clothed family creep towards a small abandoned apartment building, each member holding a glittering weapon of a glowing glass-like substance.

A voice rings out of the dark silence. "Split up. Grace you and Hunter head left, Rowan you head in,and we'll go left" The voice is that of the eldest woman, the mother. 

The children nod, the eldest, Rowan, a boy of 17, lifts his glowing sword and runs into the building. His siblings, the twins, Grace and Hunter head left, each with their own glowing weapons. The parents glance at each other with an unreadable expression and run around the left, the woman, Karina, drawing a few daggers, murmuring three words, causing the daggers to glow, just as the others. The man, William  stops and turns back around, feeling odd, before following after his wife.

-The scene shifts, displaying the twins, the girl trying a window to the basement.

"Oy. Hunter, Help me out here would ya? The longer we take the longer it'll take to get back." The fifteen year old turns to face her golden twin. The boy grins in response and steps closer and after a while both manage to open the window.

"Ladies first." Grace grins, waving at the window, causing her sibling to roll his eyes and slip into the dark hole they opened. There's a small thud and a voice saying "All safe." Grace glances around, a strange feeling creeping up her spine. Somethings not right.

"Grace?" Hunters voice calls up,and she shakes her head. Its nothing, this is just a routine demon hunt and they'll all be back home soon. She jumps in after her brother.

-Again the scene changes and the siblings are looking around a dusty room, checking for places where the dust was disturbed.

"Ugh... This is disgusting.. " Grace crinkles her nose, and glances around the room,, two knives at the ready, heading on to the next room.

"Grace. Shuddup and do your job." Hunter grins and Grace rolls her eyes opening the door.

"Whatever weirdo." She steps in and immediately stops, seeing burn marks on the floor. "Ooooh. Found something..." Hunter steps closer the marks and examines them closely. "Looks like Vetis.. Maybe something else. Stay on guard." 

Both twins' glance around, looking far more professional than before. There's a noise above them and both glance up, before glancing at each other and nodding. Grace takes a step back and the other door bursts open, a huge mass of gross scaly black creatures leap towards them. She growls and leaps towards them,stabbing any that come close. 

-Yet again the scene changes and  the room is in flames, demonic things everywhere and only Grace visible, still stabbing at everything, but slowly getting exhausted, her twin nowhere to be seen. As she turns to stab a demon another pounces on her and uses its long tail stinger to stab her in the back. She screams and falls to the ground and the demons all leap towards her at the same time.

-The scene shifts another time, displaying a dark silhouette of a man standing over grace, A dark purple bubble surrounding her. 

-The scene shifts one final time and Grace is laying in the rubble of the building, alone, with the sound of sirens in the background slowly growing louder. Her long black hair is sprauled around her, covering the stones and burnt mess, like a blanket of shadows.

---------------

Grace wakes then, covering her face with her hands to try and stop crying, it has been a year now and the death of her family still causes her to ache terribly. The pain was like a bunch of rubber bands all scrunched up and pulling at her,burning from the inside out, ripping her to pieces, leaving her a sloppy burning mess. Other times it was a cold numb feeling, spreading through her limbs into her soul.

She sighs and sits up, brushing her hair out of her face. Yet another day, what fun.