Chapter 1

Jayden was sat in a leather chair in a recording booth as the radio producers were setting up for the radio station to go live, as they microphone everything up Jayden puts on his headphones and glances around. As he looks around the door opens and a girl walks in.

"Hello! Sorry I'm late traffic was busy you must be the abandoned mine explorer Jayden am I right." As she holds out her hand.

"That's right Ms?" He says shaking her hand.

"Olivia." She says as she sits down and puts her headphones on. "You ready Jayden?"

He nods as a man countdowns with his fingers from outside the room and all of a sudden the radios introduction starts playing in the studio as they sit in their seats.

"Hello explorers my name is Olivia and you're listening to Underworld secrets the only radio station where we discuss things that you won't believe that's underground today's topic is abandoned mines and who'll be joining us today no other than adventure exploring and bookselling Jayden Martin welcome."

"Thanks for having me on." He says with a smile.

"So Jayden tell us what attracted you to things underground more specifically mines since you've seen and discovered abandoned mines for most your life."

"Well I got into mines from my father who was a coal miner, like most of my family are miners my grandad was a miner, my mum was a miner even my cousins are miners so pretty much a mining background but my dad was the person who inspired me the most since he brought back pictures and crystals to me. I knew this was something I wanted to do as a career until he passed away due to lung cancer. So yeah."

"I'm sorry to hear that also what made you explore them and not be a miner." She says curiously.

"I wanted to explore abandoned mines because I wanted to see the history of mines and all share it with the world by writing it in my books." He says.

"Have you ever made an adventure discovery at 'Blind buffalo mine" As she looks at him.

"'Blind buffalo'?" He says confused.

"You've been there haven't you Jayden."

Jayden shakes his head "Can't say I have." As he picks up the glass of water taking a drink.

"Buffalo mine was a famous mine back in the early 1920s for collection gold and iron ore apparently in 1926 something from the surface made a bang causing rocks from the roof of the mine crashing down trapping the miners underground, buried alive you could say."

"Why didn't anyone from the surface help them so they can be saved." Jayden wanting to know more facts about this mine.

"We don't know Jayden all we know is that it could have been an accident whatever that bang was we will never know" she says.

"until now." As he stands up and taking off the headphones off.

"What do you mean Jayden?" She looks at him.

"I'm going to investigate 'Blind Buffalo'." He says leaving the recording booth.

"Wait Jayden there's more that you need to know." She chases after him.

"We'll discuss it all at the Big clam bar at 8:00 pm" As he leaves the studio.