- -19

Kai still hadn't come clean to Lloyd about what had happened with Morro, but Lloyd assumed the worst and already knew the answer.

Morro never brought anything up about it, so Lloyd thought it was about time someone did.

"What happened to Kai?" He asked.

Morro pouted. "I have not the slightest clue. It's a shame, though, isn't it."

Lloyd scowled, "No. Nuh-uh. Don't even."

"Have sympathy?"

"Play dumb. Don't."

"The only one being dumb here, is you, sweetheart."

"Don't 'sweetheart' me. I'm done. You're done. Your abuse? It's done. I don't care what you do to me. But when you hurt people I care about? I don't think so."

"He had it coming!" Morro exclaimed.

"I don't care what he did. Hurting others is wrong. What satisfaction does it get you?"

"Immense pleasure." Morro propped his chin up on his palm, his elbows holding his upper half up on his knees.

Lloyd became flustered but shook it off. "No one wants to take that. Especially not me."

Morro raised his eyebrows, "Are you...Telling me what to do?"

Lloyd swallowed his build up of saliva. "Yes. I am."

"Well fuck. Do you know how much that alone makes me want to hit you?"

Lloyd shifted uncomfortably "I'm not speaking to you so you can hit me."

"Then what?"

"I told you! I want it to stop!" Lloyd put his head in his hands.

Morro grabbed his wrist roughly and pulled him closer.

Lloyd stopped breathing for a second, getting completely scared.

"Why choose now to bring it up?" Morro asked.

"I can't take it anymore." Lloyd honestly stated.

"Why?"

"Think about it! You should know you need to change."

"For you?"

"Mostly."

"Fuck that. Why should I?"

Lloyd stayed quiet. He was right. Why should he?

Morro looked at him expectantly. "Tell me how you really feel. About me."

"I want to like you. But there's a wall."

"A wall."

"You're blocking me from liking you each time you decide to hurt me or someone I care about."

"What if I don't want you to like me?"

"Then you wouldn't be here right now, would you?"

"Good point." Morro thought. "I still don't see a point in changing."

"You want me to love you?"

"I've said it before."

"Then act like a normal human being that I can love."

"Learn to love the me I am now."

"I don't think anyone could love that." Lloyd only half regretted saying it, but he had to tell the truth.

"Wow. That's kind of...Uh, offensive." Morro got defensive. "I keep trying for a reason. I haven't given up once. I had at least some faith I would be able to convince you. And you basically so bluntly tell me that no one could love me. That isn't very helpful for self esteem, is it."

Lloyd pulled his wrist out of Morro's grasp. "You don't talk to me, I wouldn't know of any existing self esteem issues."

"Why should I talk to you about that?"

"That's what you do. We're supposed to be open with each other. I'm sorry I said that. But someone had to."

Morro did not look happy about that.

"Why do you have self esteem issues?" Lloyd asked.

"Why do you care?"

"Because I want to help."

Morro shook his head. "I don't need help!"

"Just talk to me. You don't need to be afraid to. I'm not going to judge."

"The exact same reason you just told me. I wake up everyday knowing that no one in their right mind could ever love me. I have to force people to simply look at me! No one notices me otherwise. I was made to believe I was someone. Then it got pulled away and I became no one. Nothing."

Lloyd felt terrible. "Is that why you hurt people?"

"I like to."

"I think there's more than that. You do it to be superior, don't you? You get attention by harming others. There's other ways to come about all that, you know."

"How would you know? You had a title handed to you! You didn't have to work for shit! Everyone knew you from the beginning. You live and die something. I lived for nothing and the only way I can die as something is to make myself a title."

"That's not true. I had to earn what I have now. You need to earn what you want, too."

"Then tell me how I can earn you."

Lloyd looked at him seriously. "Treat me with respect. Be nice."

"That's out of my range."

"Then so am I."

"Why won't you just let me have you?!" Morro shouted.

"Because I'm not a thing. You can't push my around the way you do and expect me to stay."

"Of course I expect you to stay."

"Well I don't. You haven't left even after knowing I'm not going to deal with what you're doing."

"Well you know what?" Morro stood up.

"What?"

"I don't see you asking me to leave." Morro ended the argument with that, stormed over to the door, and left, slamming the door shut.