Leaving Home

A/N- So this is just another short chapter introducing Alex. I promise they'll get longer! 

Alex POV

He looked at me straight in my eyes as I held my breath. He parted his lips as if to say something, but quickly closed them again. He held the letter tightly in his left hand, his knuckles turning white. I looked down at my pink converse as a single tear escaped my eye. He shoved the crumpled letter to my chest and I looked up.

"Out. Get out." He quietly told me. I stared at him wide eyed, unable to speak. My voice was gone and I only stood there. "I said GET OUT!" He yelled at me again, and I stepped back in fear. My hands were shaking as I tucked my green curly hair behind my ears.

"Dad?" I asked, my voice was wavering as I finally broke my stillness. He opened the front door of our little hut and pointed outside. I wiped away my tears and stood tall. "Fine," I said before storming out.

"DON'T EVER COME BACK!" Dad yelled at me as I fluttered away. I flapped my thin green wings and flew as fast as I could. My father was always a homophobic, transphobic, jerk of a pixie. Most pixies were nice, loving creatures, but apparently he was the exception.

I flew to my college; Lasikicle University (or LU). I touched down to the green, soft grass and took a steady breath in. I had to do this. I couldn't go home, and I had no other place to live. Pixies flew around me, laughing and talking to their friends. LU was a pretty large school, one of many in our realm. Lasikicle was the realm of the pixies. We were able to freely fly and be our true selves here. There would be no judgement from the humans or any other species. Pixies used to live peacefully with the humans, but the humans took our magic and wings for granted and used us for experiments. We now call it the dark times. Pixies were never allowed to visit the human realm, and mostly everyone was okay with that. Like I said, Lasikicle was a place to be free.

I opened the front doors of my school, and gazed once more at its shocking beauty. Pure gold walls and sparkling floors greeted my heterochromatic eyes. I smiled as I walked past various classrooms and other pixies. I arrived at Professor Twinkle's office in a matter of minutes. I took in a deep breath, and opened the door.

"Alex. What a surprise," he said to me right as I walked in. I nodded hello to him. "Come to accept my offer?" he asked me, and I nodded again. He smiled and without another word, my vision went dark and I slipped out of consciousness.

You see, I should probably explain some things to you first. I'm genderfluid. Meaning that my gender is fluid, or constantly changing. Some days I felt like a girl and some days I felt like a boy. It was as simple as that.  And I wrote my dad a letter explaining everything to him. Then I guess you saw what happened. Now, the offer I just took? Well I'll be going to-. Ha ha, you thought I was actually going to tell you? Nope.

A/N- sorry if it's going a little slow... there will be plot. 

~Clover