Perfectly healed

Josie's pov

This time when I opened my eyes I was met by a nurse tucking me in. I tried sitting up but she pushed gently on my shoulder, mentioning for me to lie down. I obeyed her unwillingly. Feeling my back meet the creaky mattress.

"You've been through a lot young girl." She pulled the thin baby blue hospital comforter over me. "Just push the red button if you need anything, don't be shy" she said friendly and was about to leave when I came to my senses.

"Miss?" I said bluntly. She turned around and raised her eyebrows kindly.
"There's a patience I'm worried about... Penelope Park, is she okay?" I asked with a clear tone to it. Inside though, I was shaking. She sighed at the question and sat down beside me. That made me fear the worse, again. "No, don't sit down, just give me an answer Miss" I said and smiled through the pain I was feeling in my heart. Sitting down always meant that something bad had happened.

"Penelope Park is stable..." The nurse said. Making me release a breath. Relieved at her answer. "For now." I looked up at the nurse again after she finished the sentence I thought was already answered.
"What do you mean for now?" I said, shaking my head at the end. Not quite believing her words.

The nurse explained that they found the girl in a really bad shape.
That she hit her head so hard that they thought she was dead when they found her.

I let my tears roll as the nurse told me about the horrible incident that happened hours ago apparently.
My heart hurt as I imagined the injured girl. I wobbled my head to shake the horrible pictures in my head.

What if she's scared... or lonely.

"Can I... see her?" I asked with begging eyes.

"Only if you're family." The nurse said. Assuming I was a friend to the injured girl.

I don't freaking care, I need to see her... I do anything...

"I am family, please let me see her." I tried and took the nurses hand which she gently replaced.

"I'm sorry" she got up to leave.
No... I couldn't let that happen.

"I'm her girlfriend."

The nurse froze in her steps and turned around. "I had my assumptions..." she let me loose from the pipe and the wires. Leading me into a room at the end of the hall. "I give you 10 minutes." She said and opened the door to let me in. I slipped inside and heard the door shut closed behind me.

"Josie?" Penelope let out with a hoarse tone.

I rushed over and embraced her with tears streaming down my face.
I didn't know for how long I was holding them but now they were pouring out of my eyes like a river.
I held onto her for dear life. Afraid I would lose her, like I thought I had, only an hour ago.
She helped me climb onto the bed with her. Intertwining our legs as I snuggled her chest, let me note her beating chest, I could finally breath. She was safe. "I thought I had lost you..." I admitted and hugged the girl a little tighter, if that was humanly possible.
I felt her heart skip a beat inside of her chest at the sentence coming out of my mouth.

"Me? Nah, you don't get rid of me that easily." She chuckled and I pouted to show her that she wasn't being funny at all.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as my hand made small circles over her chest. She coughed but smiled at me briefly.

"I'm okay now." She said and bit her lip. I chuckled at her flirty self.
I kissed the bandage on her forehead and held her in the crook of my neck for a minute.
Enjoying each other's very much alive company.