Meeting Dumbledore

Dear Mr. Scamander, 

I remebered I told myself I wasn't going to write any more letters (lots more memories came back, thank goodness), but I felt like it. And, I have a question.

What Hogwarts house do you think I would be in?

Love,  

Lola

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

A few more days had passed since my black-out incident. I still had a couple missing things in my head, but I remembered almost everything (for example, the date today was June 14, 1997!).

"Hey, we have to go somewhere tomorrow," Mr. Scamander said at dinner.

"We?" I said. Normally he was the one gone!

"Professor Dumbledore had requested to meet you in person."

My jaw dropped all the way to my blue-painted toenails. The legendary Dumbledore wanted to meet me? Me?

"W-why?" I asked, shakily.

"I told him all about you. And, since you're technically a third year, he wanted to show you how things worked."

I blinked many times, trying to decipher if this was real or not. It certainly felt like a hoax.

"Oh, and by the way, there's something on your bed for you to wear tomorrow," Mr. Scamander said.

I excused myself, running to my bedroom

Laying on the bed was pink, silk fabric. My jaw dropped once again. 

"I knew you'd like it," Mr. Scamander said from the doorway.

I gave him my usual smile, one that he'd most likely seen everyday

I gave him my usual smile, one that he'd most likely seen everyday. It was a small gesture on my part, but it most likely meant the world to Mr. Scamander.

I spent all night finishing my dress

I spent all night finishing my dress. The finished result was amazing. It had tank top sleeves and hit right below the knee. I was so proud of myself. I was very determined to make a good impression.

I barely slept a wink all night. Once again, my anxieties caught up to me, making me worry about every single little thing. I spent all night making up crazy (and not probable) outcomes.

Finally, morning arrived. I brushed my hair out, and finally put on my dress. I adjusted my hair for what felt like the millionth time, and looked in the mirror. 

I looked sort of like a movie-star. Like an old supervillian woman, with her dress and her glare. Feeling powerful, I took a toy gun I had, and blew on the tip, like an old man in a western movie.

 Feeling powerful, I took a toy gun I had, and blew on the tip, like an old man in a western movie

Finally, it was time to leave. I nervously bounced my leg up and down, played with my hair.

"You alright?" Mr. Scamander asked me.

"Worried," I said.

"In my philsophy, worrying means you suffer twice."

"Damn, that was deep."

"Language, Lola."

I can't really remember how me made it to Hogwarts (telekinesis black-outs are dangerous, kids), but I do remember my stomach flip-flopping. The big doors opened, and we were inside

There was a man with an auburn hair and beard (A/N : This would be young Dumbledore since the timelines for Harry Potter are different in my alternate universe), and he was in a suit.

"Aw, Lola Mooresfield!" he said.

I gave Mr. Scamander a look, and he nodded.

"H-hi, Professor Dumbledore," I said, shakily.

I held out my hand, and he shook it. I looked around at the castle. We appeared to be in what looked like a giant cafeteria. It was beautiful.

Dumbledore led us to a door with a huge bird. He said something that I couldn't quite understand (those Brits and their accents, ya know?). It spiraled down, and we walked into an office. Well, he called it in an office, but it was way to big to feel like one.

I was looking around the room with a childish grin across my face. God, I probably looked three. But I didn't care. I was so mesmerized by it all.

"You can sit, if you want," Professor Dumbledore said.

I shuffled awkwardly to a chair, sitting down.

"Mr. Scamander here told me you have a special power," he said.

I felt my face go hot and red.

"T-t-telekinesis," I stammered.

"And you named your pet hedgehog after a muggle character with the same power."

I nodded, playing with my hands in my lap. 

The meeting went better than expected. I got to use my telekinesis (but nothing to big, just a quill), but it was still fun.

I was in too much of a daze when we left too really remember much. All I really remember was falling asleep in the truck, watching a woman with long, red hair...