PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

" nobody says that anymore "

Penelope Parker was with her friends and colleagues, Cisco and Caitlin, taking inventory of the S.T.A.R. Labs building in Starling City, as their boss, Harrison Wells would be shutting it down.  

Penelope was sat next to Caitlin, writing down information from the computers into binders as Cisco walked around and marked down information on his tablet.

"The combined inventory of every scientist who ever worked at STAR Labs. All housed right in here. I hereby christen this building 'da bomb.'" Even though Penelope was amused by Cisco's awe, she had to critique his 'christening'.

"Nobody says that anymore."

"I say it. I define my own cool."

"Whatever you say, Cis." Turned back to the computers, her legs crossed and resting on the desk in front of her, not paying attention to Caitlin's amused smile at her friends' banter.

"Still can't believe Dr. Wells is shutting this place down."

"STAR Labs blew a hole in Central City when we turned the particle accelerator on. It's not surprising that Starling City 'cancelled the lease' on this facility." Caitlin began as she grabbed her own tablet and walked over towards Cisco. "We're not exactly the poster children for 'let us store out unregulated prototypes in your neighborhood.'"

"It was an accident, Caitlin." Penelope then grabbed her tablet and joined Cisco and Caitlin.

"Yeah, well try telling that to the families of the people who died." Caitlin said, a bit of bitterness in her voice, causing both Cisco and Penelope to turn to her with sad looks on their faces.

"Maybe you can figure out how to tell that to yourself." Caitlin gave the long-haired man a look.

"Look, Cisco, let's get this inventory done so we can go home." The trio went back to their work just before hearing the door open.

"I thought we were the only ones here." Penelope looked towards the door curiously, but also a bit nervously.

"Maybe it's one of the security guards." Cisco answered, then all three of them followed where the noise came from. And once they turned around one of the shelves, they saw said security guard but he didn't look so good. "Oh. Hey, man. We should be wrapped up any minute now. You getting a bad vibe off this guy?" He turned his head slightly towards the two women, not looking away from the man.