Chapter 13

Sorry about the wait! So this is currently the last chapter I have pre-written. I can't decide if I am going to write anymore but at the moment I am just going to mark this work as completed. Thanks so much for reading this and sticking with me through it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Aelin prepares for her baby, she thinks back on her childhood. The beginning had been fantastic. Growing up with her parents and Aedion had been amazing but then everything had changed.

Growing up with Arobynn was hell. Aelin will do whatever it takes to keep her child away from anything like what she had to go through.

Once she got older, Sam had made her life worthwhile. His humor and resilience kept her going when it was tempting to give up.

Looking back, she wonders how her life would be different if Sam had lived. How the world would be different if Sam had lived.

Would she even be here? Would she have ever made it back to Terrasen? Would the world have ended?

It is no use asking questions that she will never get answers to but she can not help but to wonder.

Sam was her light for a while, and she will always love him. That love is different than the love she has for her mate and her family, but is love none the less.

She wonders if Sam would be proud of what she has done. She would like to think so but she will never really know. She knows that he would be glad that she and Lysandra escaped Arobynn and that he is finally dead and can no longer harm any children.

Would he approve of having the people vote? Probably. Who knows. Aelin can not torture herself over these things but some days it is hard not to. Some days she can just almost see Sam watching her and she does not know what to do about it.

She has talked to Rowan about Sam and had a good long cry about everything that has happened and that had helped a lot. She wishes that her mate could have met Sam just once.

Oh well.

All Aelin can do now is provide the best life for her child so they never have to go through what she and Sam did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So thanks so much for reading and I hope to see all of you again soon!