Dinner with the parents

Aria opened the door for her girlfriend. Spencer walked in with flowers and greeted Aria's parents and brother. "So you're the Spencer my sister won't shut up about." Mike said while shaking her hand. Spencer looked awkwardly at Aria, who was blushing. She punched her brother in the arm and sent him to the kitchen. Everyone went to the dining room and sat down. "Would you like some steak Spencer?" Mrs. Montgomery asked. "Uh yeah sure. Thank you." Spencer replied.

     As they ate, the tall girl felt her throat start to close up. She was a bit nervous about meeting her girlfriend's parents but it wasn't that serious. She picked up her fork and saw rashes on her hand. Aria looked at her girlfriend worriedly. "You okay?" She whispered. "I-I think I'm just nervous." Spencer whispered back. Aria grabbed her hands under the table. "Don't be nervous. I love you, and it will be alright." She said.

     Spencer nodded and went back to eating. Aria's words didn't seem to help though. Her throat was still closing up and the rashes were spreading. Byron looked Spencer awkwardly. "Something wrong Spencer?" He asked. "Uh...w-what's in the steak?" She asked back. "It's a traditional steak sprinkled with pepper and ground shrimp." Ella answered. Spencer went wide eyed and Aria caught on. "Mom! Spencer's allergic to shrimp!" She screamed and she sprang out of her seat.

     Ella and Byron jumped out of their chairs as well and rushed to the brunette. She was grabbing at her neck and coughing. "Do you have medication or an EpiPen?" Byron asked. Spencer shook her head and stood from her seat. She ran to the living room with the others following. Ella called 911 while Aria tried to keep Spencer awake. "At least you're not nervous?" Aria said. "Right. An allergic reaction is much better than being nervous." The taller girl through short breaths.

Spencer sat on a hospital bed. Aria smiled as her girlfriend made funny faces while her doctor inserted an IV onto her hand. "I'm sorry. I forgot my parents put ground shrimp on their steaks. I'm a vegetarian of course so I don't eat it." Aria apologized. "It's fine. I could've died, but it's fine." Spencer said back. Aria looked at her girlfriend sadly. "Hey, I'm really fine. Don't worry about it." Spencer said. The brunette pulled her girlfriend onto the bed and captured her lips in a kiss.

     They held each other close as they spent the night in the hospital, together.