-2-

"-mas . . . Tomas, gising . . . TOMAS!"
The boy in demand sits straight up but accidentally knocks down the girl who had the intention to make him deaf. Both rub the sore spot on their heads that throb with a dull pain. The girl suddenly stands up and points accusingly at the boy.
"Sa susunod di na kita gigisingin kahit anong alok mo sa'kin. HMP."
(Next time, I won't ever wake you up, HMP.)
"Ha?"
"HATDOG!"
And with that, she storms out the room then slams the door along the way. Tomas looks around the room and touches everything to make sure he wasn't dreaming. Everything was in good shape and nothing was out of place. Releasing a sigh of relief, he moves the covers off his legs and moves to stand up but white hot pain rushes through his right leg which causes him to fall down. He checks his leg and sees nothing wrong but his curiosity piqued when his eyes laid upon a familiar sight. Never did he question his birthmark, although his family wasn't superstitious, he always believed what they say about birthmarks.
"Wag kang KJ, Tomas. Magpapasko pa naman so pull yourseldf together man."
(Don't be a killjoy, Tomas. It's Christmas day so pull yourself together,)
"Nak! May almusal na dito, bilisan mo kase mamamasko pa tayo sa tita mo."
(Tomas! There's breakfast on the table already, hurry up cause we're gonna go to your aunt's house in a minute)
"Sige ma! Papunta na ako dyan."
(Okay mom! I'm coming.)
Without second thought he jumped out of bed, not even tidying up a bit, but there lay near the bottom of the sheets, a drop or two of scarlet red blood.