Chapter 9

The facade

Ignoring the pain I felt in my feet I continued to walk in the middle of the men. Turning my gaze to the bar ahead I winced knowing full well I would have to go unnoticed by anyone inside. The place had giant window almost an entire wall showing the dim purple lights inside as women danced on their podiums letting their heels click to the beat of the song as they swayed their hips and started to show some skin to tease the clients sitting at their tables cheering, rubbing the healing bruises on my arms I picked up some speed silently encouraging them to do so as well.

Sadly, a drunken man stumbled towards us recognizing me instantly. "Oh you whore!" I snapped my head to his direction feeling my blood bubble as my gaze hardened at the sight of the most popular client; he always came in whenever he could. He and his little group of friends have been feeding ideas into my boss as he threatens me constantly to become a dancer but I will always refuse. Toby placed a hand on my waist as he glared down at the drunk man, the man noticed his tics and grinned. "What's wrong tic boy? Don't like me calling your little toy out?" Toby let go of me before stepping in front of him with a snarl as he pulled down his mouth guard. "I'll e-eat your teeth if-if you're n-not careful." He chomped the air right in the drunk man's face, who I tragically knew as Vincent, causing the other male to flinch before he pointed a shaky finger at the snarling male. "Listen here! I've tried for MONTHS for her to even give me attention but now you three bastards think you can take her for the whole day and get what we all have been begging for." Vincent then shot a dirty look at the other masked men. Tim wrapped a hand around my shoulder as he leaned closer to the male letting his pearly white mask shine under the streetlights as he stared at the annoying male through the dark holes of his mask. "scram." Oh but the male didn't.

Brian was either annoyed at the hold up or the male as he grabbed his gun and clicked it, showing it clearly to anyone that was looking our way. "Toby stop fucking around-" as soon as he stopped speaking Vincent screamed as he looked down at his bleeding finger; the skin at the sides torn as he bent slightly as Toby held it tightly between his teeth as a dangerous spark lit up his eyes. The males scream caught the attention of the others inside and looked out the large window like wall to see scene outside. We all bolted out leaving a screaming drunk man on the floor holding his almost chewed off finger. Toby spat out some flesh as we ran before turning his head to me with a large grin revealing the blood that stained his teeth. Distant yelling from behind echoed in the ghost town of the streets but we all kept moving not wanting to deal with the mess.

Slapping a hand on my face as I sucked in a breath. Why did he have to be there?! Why does that place have to exist?! I felt chapped lips lay a gentle kiss on my hair, I peeked a look to see toby still having blood smeared around his mouth but he was frowning. "S-stay put honey, th-the big boys are g-going out." Before I could say anything as my hand flung to his arm he grabbed my wrist with a glare. "Stay put." Nodding as I retreated to my sofa, Tim saluted at me to say goodbye while Brian just waltzed out of my apartment door. I uttered a soft 'goodbye' as they all left locking the door behind them. I let out a long sigh.

Finally alone. My brain couldn't even registered the loud sob escape from my throat as I pulled at my hair. Tears flooded down my cheeks before dropping to my feet as I continued to yank at my locks, I couldn't stand any of this. The silence that once filled the room felt so painful I couldn't resist to block it all out with a cry. This was all too much! Acting like I'm ok having these fucking murders around me! I want to scream into the void until I can't scream anymore. Nothing about this was fun! I have an ill-tempered mess now with us as well as a smug uncaring bastard - I already have to deal with a bipolar lovesick little shit!

Letting out a frustrated scream I hastily grabbed my heels before throwing them to the corner of the room not being able to take the pain they gave me. Everything felt like it was going blurry as more tears tingled at my eyelids begging to be released. Throwing myself back into the sofa I clutched my arms as more sobs started to come out but now I started to mix with whimpers. Would it be terrible if I let them come back to a dead body? Who am I kidding they wouldn't just only be annoyed their only possible finger to point at is dead. My head sank as I let the tears cascade down my red cheeks, my trembling started to become just a few twitches as all my energy melted out of my body into a pool of desperation for sleep. Just sleep to get away...