Chapter Four

<Yumitaka's P.O.V.>

Immediately after, the suspected-to-be-a-delinquent students in the back started using what we said as an excuse for some rubbish that I didn't really hear. All I thought at the moment was what Yuuma said. 'His late parent's memento...? Don't tell me that Yuugo-san...'

The same teacher then said that he could not just believe a story like that. Yuuma and I then said the same exact thing once more, "It's true." Seeing that we would not falter and therefore concluding that we might actually not be lying, the teacher said, "I understand. I suppose we can make an exception for the both of you. But Yatori, all those accessories other than the one on your hand needs to be off." Honestly not being in the mood for that, I whispered to the teacher, "I'm with Border, so can that explain it for you?" The male teacher started sweating a lot most probably with fear or some sort and both teachers then left the classroom, presumably to have a discussion of some sort, but not before assigning both Yuuma and my seat. It turns out that our seats are either in front of or towards the side of that "Mikumo-kun". We gave our greetings to Megane-kun and then other students started talking to both of us since it was self-study time. When we got on the topic of where Yuuma used to live, he answered, "All over the place, really..."

'Why do I have a feeling that they were traveling all over the Neighborhood... It seems like something that Yuugo-san might do..."

The delinquent kids then threw a crumpled up piece of paper at Yuuma—there was also a piece thrown towards me. Even with Yuuma turning back, they continued doing the same thing. I guess he was fed up with it because Yuuma asked what was that for. Those kids lied through their teeth and called it a traditional Japanese greeting. 'The worst lie I've ever heard since Yuugo-san left.'

In the end, Megane-kun tried to stand up for Yuuma with no avail, leading to Yuuma "returning their greeting". I then stood up and said, "If you guys are planning to lie to us, you could do a better job at it." At that, I also returned their greeting in the same way as Yuuma.

<Osamu's P.O.V.>

'There's this weird atmosphere around Kuga and Yatori... No matter how you look at it, they are not normal. They could really be with Border. But they wouldn't have agents like them, even more about Yatori. His personality is too... I don't know... loose? Still, that could be a ploy on their part. Anyway, I can't just leave it like this.'

Right after I thought that sentence, I heard two voices that called me, "Megane-kun. Ah-! You are..." When I turned around, I saw both Kuga and Yatori, talking to each other.

"You are that exchange student... If I remember correctly... Kuga Yuuma, right? I'm Yatori Yumitaka. Ah- You can call me Yumitaka or Taka, I'm okay with it. Nice to meet you."

"Oh! The same goes for me. You can also just call me whatever you want, Taka-san."

"Oya, already someone says my common nickname! I'll call you Yuuma then. You're cool, Yuuma. And... Megane-kun. We didn't forget about you. Worried about something?"

At that statement, I was a bit surprised if I had to say, but I thought that I had to keep an eye on these two so I said, "It's nothing. Say, want to walk home together, Kuga, Yatori?"

"It's fine with me. What about you, Yuuma?" "It's okay, Taka-san." Kuga and Yatori smiled at each other and gave each other a thumbs up.

Later on, all three of us were walking together when I thought that I had to tell them what to do when they encounter a similar situation again. "You both should just ignore guys like that." "Why?" "Fighting back just makes it worse. They'll want to pay you back for embarrassing them like that." "Then what should I have done?"

Naturally, I was surprised at that statement. "Tell them to stop or just flat out ignoring them would be the best choice here. Just don't stoop to their level."

Kuga said, "Is that what you do in Japan? You have to fight back to survive in every place I've been before." Yatori then cut in, "Ah. Same here. I was always taught that I should give back what was given to me. In other words, payback." I wanted to tell them both that it will only aggravate the opponent and won't do any good but the delinquents from our class appeared with more people this time.

"Hey, chibi and piercings. Come with us." "We'll drag you even if you don't want to."

Kuga and Yatori just simply agreed to it and started following those gangsters. Of course, I felt the need to keep an eye on them and at the same time, help them so I naturally started following them too. "Not you, though." "Go home and clean your glasses." At that, I felt determined to stop these guys. Grabbing the guy that seemed to be the boss on the shoulder, I declared, "Let them go. Ganging up on him like this... I won't let you do that!"

<Yumitaka's P.O.V.>

Why in the world did Megane-kun stand up for us if he's so weak? Incomprehensible. When he was getting up from the floor, he said, "Fight me one-on-one, cowards." Yuuma followed that up by saying, "Well, numbers are a key to fighting. Why come if you're so weak, Megane-kun?" "That was unnecessary!" He faced the gangsters and said, "Did you guys even notice? We're in a Forbidden Zone. Only Border personnel can enter. Neighbors could attack any time!"

'If he was saying that to me, I might've shouted out that I've been in Border for a long time or something like that...'

Even after Megane-kun seemed to be in a pinch, Yuuma and I just said, "Help? Me to him? Why? Megane-kun got himself into this. He should do something himself." The delinquents said that we were cruel but honestly, I was just saying the truth. I think that both Yuuma and I were really confused by Megane-kun's actions when the gangsters said that they still had a bone to pick with us. Saying that the boss looking gangster swung a wooden stick lying around there at Yuuma with him blocking and stepping on his foot. "Is it finally my turn? Don't tell me, you're already finished?" Yuuma nonchalantly said. I mean, as expected I feel a tiny bit lonely because I didn't get any action. But it's alright. Because in the next moment, the alarm for Neighbor appearances rang with the Gate opening right above me.

"Oh, a Bamster." "Oya, Yuuma, you know much about these?" "Well, yeah, sort of."