Chapter 8

Naomi's vision goes black, and sees Aural again, her bright light lighting up the pitch darkness.

            "Welcome to my place," Aural's voice echoes endlessly. Naomi can now see her mouth on her face, but no nose or eyes.

            "Where am I?" Naomi whispers.

            "This is my place, you idiot," Aural snaps. "Seriously, you people need to get your hearing checked," as she glides above the ground to the side.

            "I need to go back to my village!" Naomi pleads. "I only wanted to stop them so they can focus on me and not The Willow!"

            "But they didn't," Aural says boldly, but her voice didn't echo this time.

            Naomi's stomach knotted. "Am I going to die, Spirit?"

            The Spirit laughed, echoing again. "No way, child! You have a prophecy to fulfill now!"

            Naomi didn't answer. She looked at her feet, unable to speak.

            "You were wondering if you had any magic power, am I right?" Aural said, and Naomi looked up at her.

            "D-do I?" Naomi muttered.

            "You may. You may not. It's fifty-fifty chance." Aural stated. "Your mother was a full witch, and your father was a full human."

            "Then why did you bring it up if I may not?" Naomi asked.

            Aural sighed. "Just this once, I'll lend you a hint of my power. It may not be very strong, but it'll scare them away for a while. Your friends may fear you, but I'll give you a little bit of time to tell them through your minds. You have one minute. Go."

            Naomi could then hear buzzing in her mind. She thought, "Everyone? It's Naomi."

            "Naomi? Are you okay?" Naomi heard Sturo's voice.

            "I'm okay! I'm with The Spirit and she's lending me some of her magic power to get rid of the attackers!"

            Naomi heard someone breath on pain. "We're keeping them busy!" Naomi heard Maluma now. "We won't worry! We'll just keep fighting!"

            "30 seconds," Aural said.

            "Look. I don't much time left, so, you may fear me for a bit after this, or that's what The Spirit says, but you shouldn't! The magic will leave and go back to her afterwards!"

            "20 seconds," Aural reminds.

            "We won't!" Tasha thinks. "If your trying to protect everyone and The Willow with a Spirit's magic, then you do it! We won't judge you even a little bit!"

            "Thank you everyone! I have to go now, so just be ready, okay?"

            "Gotcha!" Everyone says.

            "Do your best, Naomi," Sturo says, before the buzzing stops.

            "The buzzing was me entering the power into you," Aural informs. "Now go. Your town needs you. You won't notice yourself using your power, but everyone else can. So don't be shocked by the faces and looks you get." Aural raises her arms. "I use sky magic! So, you'll use the power of the sky!"

            Lightning crashes, and then Naomi's on the very top of The Willow, and could feel the power running trough her body. She sees tons apon tons of people fighting on the ground, and her eyes widen as she could see Maluma trapped in a corner, protected by the messy boy, Monty.