Chapter 12

Naomi closed her eyes, as her companions shouted for her.

            To run...

            To flee...

            To not die...

            Then she was picked up, and lifted off the ground by a huge object.

            She turned to see the dragon's face, it's eyes weary.

            Naomi climbed over it's head to it's neck. She patted it's head. "Thank you so much!" Naomi said, smiling.

            "Shoot them down!" She heard Sho yell.

            Naomi grabbed the dragon's horns as the dragon swerved side to side, dodging arrows as they zoom past.

            Then, the dragon evaporated, leaving Naomi falling to the ground.

            "Naomi!" She hears her friends shout.

            "I've given you power of the sky!" Naomi hears a voice waver in her head.

            "Concentrate on your new power, and fight Sho..."

            Naomi then opened her eyes, power surging through her.

            She felt her other form coming again, this time two horns coming out of her head, the right side of her face becoming blue scales, a beating tail, and her eyes become slits, blue shining.

            "It's her! They were lying!" people shout.

            Was facing her back to Sho, so she turned only her head to Sho, and she say his eyes widen with fear.

            "You took us captive!" Naomi said, her voice the same as her mothers, when she was possessed before she died, her voice two, one high and one low.

            She turned completely around in her battle position. "You broke our hearts, and scarred us!" She felt more scales form on her body, spreading.

            She lifted her head to the sky, her heart blazing with anger. "You deserve to be punished!"

            The ground beneath her feet crumbled as she zoomed toward Sho at full speed, but she heard the voice in her head.

            "I have little power... I can't hold on for much longer."

            Naomi threw a punch, but was blocked by an invisible force, and was sent flying back.

            Naomi got her balance, landing on the ground on two feet, prepared for another throw.

            But, she saw green, thin stripes around him in a round shape.

            "No force can come through this wall, Naomi!" Sho shouted, pleased with himself. "Especially sky magic!"

            Naomi could feel her energy draining, so she whispered to the dragon part of her. "I need to go back..."

            Naomi could feel her magic power draining as she transformed back to human. When it was complete, she collapsed, but caught herself and stood back up straight.

            "Couldn't keep it up, huh?" Sho laughed, getting rid of his invisible wall.

            Naomi faced him, her body feeling like jelly. "You made us loose all of our energy from keeping me captive and hurting this dragon. If we use up all of our energy, we won't make it all the way through!"