Chapter One

Connor’s P.O.V.

I walk into school, ten minutes late, and got my late pass from the office lady. She has one waiting for me every morning, and only because my father has enough money to last him five lifetimes.

My homeroom teacher doesn’t even look up when I walk in. She just continues reading her sappy romance novels while the rest of the class fools around until 2nd hour.

“Hey, Connor, what’s up man?! We got ourselves a new chick this year, man!” My best friend since birth, Asher, motions to a girl beside him. She has flaming red hair, sea green eyes, freckles, and the hottest body I’ve ever seen.

“What’s your name, sweetheart?” I ask, slipping my arm around her waist. She slaps it away.

“Don’t touch me, bitch.” She smirks at my loss of speech. Asher is guffawing into his hand.

“She’s a feisty one! But Connor, her brother is our age! Stiles, man! C’mere!” A guy who’s about 6’2” comes over. He’s blond haired and brown eyed, and looks completely different from his sister. And his personality couldn’t be more different, either.

“Hey, Connor, right? I’m Stiles O’Brien. That’s my sister, Molly. Just moved here from Scotland!” He clasps my hand and shakes it.

“Some Scotties in Ireland, eh? Nice man!” I grin. Stiles and his sister have thick Scottish accents, and they have a cool, exotic feel to them, even though Scottish and Irish are practically the same.

“Yeah, buddy! Well, I was born in California, in America, but we moved to England two months later. A year later, when mom was 7 months pregnant with Molly, we moved to Scotland. And now we’re here, close to dad’s family! So you’re a senior?”

“Nope, junior. I got held back a year when I was traveling with my dad.” Stiles gives me a confused look. “He’s an international...business dude, and he dragged me along for like 8 months. It was hell.” Stiles laughs and starts talking with Asher. By lunch, he’s like he’s been part of the group since...forever, really.

The “group” is me, Asher, a guy named Jackson, another dude called Tyler, and now also Stiles. Now, we like to play girls. It’s like our thing. Be on the lacrosse team, get a hot girl, hook up, then fall apart by day three. Stiles fits right in.

Molly, who became friends with my best girl, and also my third most recent. She is pure evil. She’s got a smoking hot body, and we had our bit of fun. We lasted a whole week, I got some great stuff out of it, and then I broke her heart. Now, when I left her, she acted all depressed and said that we had actually fallen in love. I don’t do “love”. Once I got a new target, she began recruiting all my exes. Basically, she’s got an anti-Connor league, consisting of one-third the school. And now, it looks like she’s got Molly as well. Until Molly comes over and sits next to Stiles.

“Gods, that girl is such a bitch! Are all the girls here like that? Because if they are, we’re hopeless. A school full of bitches and manwhores.” For some reason, she doesn’t mind the fact that her brother plays girls. But she seems to really hate me, in particular.

“Did you just say gods?” I ask. She nods.

“Yes, you mortal, I’m a demigod. My vision isn’t obscured with the Mist like you helpless pigs.” I look confusedly at Stiles.

“Molly reads a lot.” She smiles like a creepy person and starts to retell The Hunger Games in exact detail, adding on facts that aren’t mentioned in the book. It’s incredible but boring.

~After School’s Out~

Asher, Jackson, and Tyler join me out on the lacrosse field. We start passing the ball around, when I see Stiles walk by.

“HEY! STILES! Wanna come play?” He grins and runs over.

“YES LACROSSE IS LIFE wait there’s a team?” He says this all very fast. “Sweet! Let’s play, boys!”