Chapter Three

Molly’s P.O.V.

“Stella, Chevron, wake up!”They wake up, groaning. Once they are fully awake, I tell them about my bet with Connor.

“What? Oh, Molly...well, we’ll help you win the bet by not letting you fall in love with him. But he’s gonna be hard to resist!” Chevron smiles at me and pokes my shoulder.

“Hey, wanna go swimming?” Asks Stella. We change into our bikinis.

“BYE STILES WE’RE GOING SWIMMING SEE YA LATER KAY BYE!” I yell. He’s probably not even awake, but whatever. We run down to the cliff, and climb down to the beach. We run to the water’s edge and walk in. Exactly fifteen seconds after touching the water, I fall over. So have Chevron and Stella. My legs feel weird…

When I look down at myself, I almost scream. Instead of legs, I have a long, green tail. I look over. Chevron and Stella match me, except Chevron’s tail is a goldish-orangish color, and Stella’s is blue.

“Oh great, we’re mermaids.” I say. And we are so lucky to be the kind of mermaids that don’t wear tops. I always thought that mermaids were weird because their top wasn’t part of their body, so it makes sense that we get to show off our boobs to the world.

I inch out of the water, but I still have a tail. I lay down and decide to tan my top half. Five minutes later, I have legs and my bikini is back on. Stella and Chevron are on the beach, too, and they are back in human form. We scramble over to each other.

“I think when we touch water, we become the mermaids from Pirates of the Caribbean. And when we dry off, we become human again.” I explain to them.

“So...we’re half fish?” Asks Chevron. I nod.

“Yup, looks like it. But we can’t tell anyone. Not even our families. They will take us to doctors and experiment on us. We tell no one.” I look at the two girls gravely. We all promise to never tell anyone.

~Back At Home~

We get back to the house, and Connor and Stiles still aren’t awake. Stella and Chevron have to go home because they go to church this morning. So I start to make chocolate chip pancakes while I wait for the other boys to wake up. As I pour some water into the batter, it splashes a little and a few drops of water get on me.

“Uh-oh,” I say as I frantically try to dry myself before I change. It doesn’t work. I’m trying to dry my tail when I hear Connor and Stiles bounding down the stairs. I hear them come outside the kitchen, and Stiles is about to see me.

I change back to human form just before Stiles sees me. I jump up and mix together the batter, careful to not get water on myself.

“Hey, Molly, are you making pancakes?” He asks with a crazy look in his eyes.

“Um...yeah. But don’t go all serial killer on them. Go play with your friend.” I say.

“Okay. By the way, Connor told me about your bet. Molly-” I turn to look in his eyes. “Please, don’t get hurt, okay? I couldn’t forgive Connor if he hurt you. Be careful, Molly.” This takes me by surprise. I mean, I know Stiles loves me, but he doesn’t show it like that normally. It makes me feel good that he wants to protect me, though.

As I spoon batter onto the pan, someone wraps their arms around me. I scream and hit them with the spoon. I turn around and see Connor with batter on his nose.

“Haha...oops. Well you shouldn’t interrupt me while I’m-Connor stop!” I gasp, as he tickles me. “Connor! Stop! I am making you breakfast!” He stops tickling me and kisses me quickly. I slap his arm and say, “No kissing! You don’t kiss people the first day you start dating!” He smirks like I’m amusing.

“Of course you kiss the first day of dating!”

“Well, not while I am feeding you. Now go away or I’ll give you burnt pancakes.”