Chapter 8

February 10, 2014

Four days and counting until Valentine's Day, I was really excited. I had a crush on one of my 7th grade friends and I had picked out the perfect dress with shoes and everything. His name was Evan, he was skinny with black curly hair. He was my best friend but he was the only guy in the world who treated me like an actual person. He didnt like me back but I was determined to change his mind. Caine thought it was the funniest thing ever and he always teased me about it. I brushed it off every time. I honestly didnt care what he thought. It was the end if the day and I was looking out the window with both earbuds in my ears. I was listening to "City of Blinding Lights" by U2. My dad got me obssesed with the band when I was only eight years old. It was a normal day and I was just looking out the window, about to fall asleep. I decided to look around because my eyes were getting tired of looking at the road outside. Rachel and Veronica were sitting in the back, and Caine and Liz were sharing a seat like they always did. I look back at Caine and Liz and I spotted them making out! His hands was on her hips and her arms were leaning back. They were ducking under so the bus driver and no one else saw them. I was sitting one seat diagonally from them so I was able to see them. Liz liked when I sat in the seat next to her because she needed someone to talk to other then Caine, and Rachel and Veronica were always busy talking in the back. I didnt stare at them, but I saw enough to know what was going on. After I saw it, I immediately came back around looking back oit the window.

What the heck? Dont get me wrong thats cute, but seriously OH MY GOSH! 

I wasnt mad or upset, I was just thinking one thing. I didnt have anyone who loved me like that. No one loved me, I was always the third wheel. I was about to cry but I didnt want Liz to know. I tried to put on a show for her, telling her I was happy when really I wasnt. We both were crushing on him a few months back and she said it would never work because they had totally different personalities. I didnt know she was lying but i was still willing to give Liz a few more chances, for now anyway.