Chapter 1

Beth's POV

As I ran up to my room I almost tripped on Percy, my seven year old dog. I quickly logged onto Twitter and saw that everyone was tweeting One Direction with messages. I read a few and finally realised what was going on. They were having a few days of and were going home to see their families. This meant they were canceling some of  their concerts in America. Fans were tweeting how disappointed they were in the boys and I knew I had to stick up for them so I tweeted the fans tagging the boys in, " Leave the poor lads alone! They have had 5 days off since they went to audition for X Factor. Think about their famalies before you start judging!!!!" 

Once I had pressed tweet I quickly ran back down the stairs and ran out the door as my mum started shouting something to me. I quickly ran next door and knocked on the door. When Booby answered I ran in and sat down on the sofa. 

"How come Nialls coming home and he didn't tell me?" I said hardly stopping to breath. Bobby replied with, " Calm down Beth you haven't spoken in almost three years and he hasn't been home in that time. They are taking a break because Zayn's older sister is getting married and he has to be thier. They can't have it any other time because the chapel is all booked." His thick Irish accent coming through.

"I just thought after growing up together he would tell me. I mean we were best friends for 15 years. I thought after everything he would still want to see me. When I cut myself off because of the bullying. Bullied for hanging out with him.  I still remember the day I told him to stay clear and that I was dangerous and that he wouldn't understand." I say starting to think back to the day when I told him.

*FLASHBACK*

"You have to stay away Ni, I'm dangerous." I said calmly to him;  tears rolling down my cheeks like rain running down a window. 

" I CAN'T STAY AWAY! YOUR LIKE A LIITLE SISTER TO ME!" he shouted clearly trying to hide the tear that were threatening to slip out of his eyes.

" You have to understand Ni. I want you to be there but I think you would get scared and angry" I had to stay calm for him.

"SCARED OF WHAT I'VE KNOWN YOU FOR 15 YEARS. I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU EVEN STUFF OTHER PEOPLE KNOW LIKE YOUR FAVOURITE COLOUR! BUT I ALSO KNOW STUFF THAT OTHER PEOPLE DON'T; LIKE HOW WHEN THERE IS A THUNDERSTORM YOU THINK EVER TIME THE THUNDER SOUNDS A GIANT IS PLAYING BOWLING BUT YOU STILL WANT ME TO MAKE YOU LAUGH BECAUSE YOU STILL GET SCARED THAT SOMETHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU STAY ON YOUR OWN." he screams at me and I know he's right.

The only thing I can say to him is, "sorry", before I walk away.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I only stop remembering when I realise Bobby has pulled me into a hug because of the tears streaming down my cheeks like a water running down a river.

" He's had time to think while being away. When I text hom he always asks about you just wait and see what happens when he gets back. You'll just have to talk to him." Bobby said trying to reassure me.