Chapter Ten

Shaun's P.O.V

~~~~~Wednesday-Afternoon-Three Days Until Prom~~~~~

I seriously can't believe all the stuff Joey has done to Liz. She doesn't deserve this pain that he is so easily giving her. I'll shed some light on the situation and the fight me and him had: 

To start, on Sunday after I practiced my guitar, yes I play guitar. I got a text from Mack telling me all about the day that Joey and Liz had at his house. I'm not gonna sugarcoat this, I was pretty upset and a little angry since I do have feelings for Lizzy, she's sweet, kind, absolutely gorgeous, and when she has her mind set on something she won't ever give up. Not for anyone. Ever.

Well getting back to the point, I got a message from Megan and attached to it was a video. I opened her message and it said 'Isn't Joey and Fern so cute.' I clicked on the video and it was pretty much it was them being all cutesy and giving each other kisses. Initially, all I did was roll my eyes, but then I looked at the date that the video was taken. 7:38 pm, Saturday. I dropped my phone in the realization that they had gotten back together or whatever, A DAY AFTER everything that went on between him and Liz. Without thinking I turned around and punched the wall, leaving a slight indentation. 

After everything, EVERYTHING that has happened between them, all he could do was toss her aside and go back to whatever he calls that thing of a girlfriend. 

That brings me back to the whole subject of Monday morning when Joey and I had that fight. Basically, I did it because he needed to be taught a lesson. He knew exactly why I was doing it but he still fought back instead of facing Liz and telling her the truth, and worse, HE RAN. That coward could do nothing more than run instead of facing reality. If anything, he deserves to be punched in the face. again. 

Fast forward to Tuesday. When I was playing football with all the guys. I won't lie, the football team truly don't go down without a fight, but I wasn't going to let them win that easily. Halfway through, I needed to go get a drink since as I mentioned, these guys put up one hell of a fight. I went over to my bag and grabbed my bottle of water, savoring the cool liquid as it made its way down my throat. Once I had put it back in my back. I looked over to the edge of the pitch and saw Jen and Lizzy standing there watching us play. I could feel all the heat rise to my cheeks, not to mention, we were all shirtless and the girl that I hold close to my heart is practically watching us all play football together. She always finds a way to pull at my heartstrings.

Now today. I was walking down the corridor to get to my final lesson when I came across Liz, who was getting something from her locker, probably her textbook for her last class. I noticed that she had, had her nails done. A soft pink to white gradient with little gems around the base of the nail. They look really nice and it goes with the aesthetic of her outfit, which she has matched to the gradient on her nails.

Once I had finished admiring her little but amazing details, I walked over and leaned against the locker next to hers, "Hey Lizzy

Once I had finished admiring her little but amazing details, I walked over and leaned against the locker next to hers, "Hey Lizzy." I said catching her attention. She turned her head to face me, a smile growing on her face, "Hey Shaun. How's it going?" She asked tilting her head to the side slightly making her look even cuter, "Great honestly. Has anyone asked you to the dance yet?" I ask her this in the hope that she won't say yes because, in fact, I bought her a ring so I could ask her to be my date. Oh lord of mercy please say no, "Actually... no. So far I'm just a tag along with Jen and James." She actually looks genuinely sad as she says this to me. "Well, erm." Oh no, please don't start stuttering and letting this opportunity get away from you, "Wo-would you like to- to go to Prom with me?" I question pulling the ring from my pocket and holding in towards her. 

Her eyes widen as she stares at the ring, "Wait, did you buy a ring just so you could ask me to be your date?" She asks, a shocked look plastered across her face

Her eyes widen as she stares at the ring, "Wait, did you buy a ring just so you could ask me to be your date?" She asks, a shocked look plastered across her face. I nod and push myself off of the locker and face her fully and grab her hands, "So, will you go to Prom with me." All of a sudden, tears start to fall from her eyes and she lets out a little sob and quickly covers her mouth. My face turns into complete concern. I raise my hand to her cheek and wipe away the tears asking, "What's wrong Lizzy?" She looked up at me and let out another sob that was more happy than sad, "Nothing's wrong, I'm just really shocked and happy that you asked me to go to Prom with you." She laughed slightly, "So will you?" I said hoping to finally get an answer, "YES." She exclaimed wrapping her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist pulling her slightly closer to me. Eventually, we pulled apart, but I wish we didn't. I grabbed her hand and placed the ring on her ring finger and brought her hand up to my lips and placed a gentle kiss on it. "My Lady," I said, bowing slightly, "Shall we make our way to our last lesson?" She laughed and nodded, "Indeed we shall." 

It's all finally working out for us.

~~~~~

Hey everyone, thank you so much for reading, I hope it is as enjoyable to read as it is to write it. See you all later. Love Ya's.