Chapter 8

Max walked out the doors of the school, beginning his trek home. The incident between him, Jenna, and Jared spread like wildfire around school. Either people were giving him dirty looks or high fives.

He exited school grounds and walked down the main street. Halfway down the road he turned a corner onto a smaller street.

He grabbed his iPhone out of his bag and plugged his earbuds into his ears. His nose still hurt from the punch Jenna landed earlier. He remembered she took boxing for two years; looks like she learned how to throw a nice punch.

He let himself fall into the sound of the music, everything else around him dissipating. He stopped thinking about the drama of school.

With the music blasting Max didn't hear the rush of footfalls behind him, or the faint sound of a girl yelling. Before he knew it, Max was spun around and punched in the nose for the second time that day.

His head snapped up to the person who punched him. It took him 5 seconds to register Jake's features before another fist came flying. This time it skimmed his jaw.

Max recovered quickly and sent his own punch. His wasn't aimed but it knocked Jake on the shoulder. He threw another heavy punch to Jake's gut and then one at his mouth.

Jake grabbed Max and tried to shove him on the ground, however Max had a good 30 pounds on him, plus Max used to wrestle. Max reversed it and Jake ended up on the ground with Max over him.

Max sent a fist flying at his nose and then leaned down, "And just so you know how it feels to get punched in the nose twice in a row," he hit Jake in the nose again.

Jake groaned. By now Jenna caught up to them and pushed Max off Jake, or at least tried to.

"Both of you stop!" She yelled.

Max remained on top of Jake, however he had no intention of throwing anymore punches.

"Are you done now or would you like to get your ass whooped a little more?" Max taunted Jake.

Jake shoved him off and was about to throw another punch before he heard Jenna yell.

He looked over at her.

"Stop! Just fucking stop! Both of you are acting extremely immature and childish." She seethed.

"Oh but you weren't when you punched me in the nose earlier." Max said sarcastically.

She glared at him. "You deserved that."

Max rolled his eyes. "Whatever, look. You and your little boyfriend need to stay the fuck away from me," He turned his gaze over to Jake. "And think of yourself as lucky. You don't even know how much more I wanted to hurt you."

Jake scoffed. "You don't know how much I want to hurt you!"

Max let out a little chuckle. "There's a difference between what I want and you want; I can actually make what I want, happen."

Max felt satisfaction as he saw the vein in Jake's neck bulge and his fists clench.

Max grabbed his stuff from off the ground where they went flying when the fight began. He picked up his phone and turned to Jake.

"Oh, and you can buy me a new phone too." He said twirling the phone around so that Jenna and Jake could get a view of the cracked screen.

Max hefted his bookbag on his shoulder more and then began walking home.

"Dont forget about my phone!" Max yelled over his shoulder.

Jenna whipped around to Jake once she saw Max was out of sight. She stared him down for a good 5 minutes.