Three: Paper Planes

The clock is ticking. Almost lunch. And then free periods until the end of the day. Tick. Tick. Tock.

Nobody is really caring. It's almost lunch. Tick. Tick. Tock.

Mai is in the middle of a paper aeroplane fight with Daichi. Professor Yamazaki isn't paying attention to the curly haired brunette's constant tossing of paper aeroplanes to her fiancee. Tick. Tick. Tock.

I glance around me, Kyoya is scribbling in his bitch list and Tamaki is trying to get his attention. Tick Tick. Tock.

Sora's tapping the table to the ticking of the grandfather clock. Tick. Tap. Tick. Tap. Tock. Tap. Tap. I roll my eyes at my bored best friend.

An aeroplane whizzes past my face, landing in Kyoya's bitch list. Mai makes an uncomprehendable sound. Was that message actually meant for him. Sora taps my shouulder. I lean back so she can see the third son's reaction to the aeroplane. Tick. Tick. Tock.

Kyoya unfolds it and Mai puts her head in her hands, muttering to herself. He cocks a brow before handing me the paper plane. Tick. Tick. Tock.

"It's for you." he smiles slightly.

"Oh my god!" Sora yelps. "Kyoya can smile!"

The whole class, par Tamaki and Kyoya gasp in unison, turning to face the Ootori family's third son. Tick. Tick. Tock.

"Please pay attention!" the teacher hits the chalkboard with ther metre ruler to gain our 'attention'. Tick. Tick. Tock.

I unfold the paper and squeak.

'I got in- Mai ^3^'

Ring! Ring!

The class all gather themselves.

"Lobster is on the menu." Cho links arms with Yui.

"I'm feeling a tad too bloated for lobster." Yui admits, ducking her head.

"If I may, princess?" Tamaki takes her hand lightly brushing his lips against her hand. "You needn't worry. You look splendid today."

"Teheee." Yui giggles.

"ACTUALLY." Mai speaks up. "I made bentos for us. We are eating under the sakura today." Mai takes hold of Cho and Yui, steering them outside. "You two too!"

Sora and I collect our bags and get moving. We all settle under the cherry blossom tree.

"I have news for you guys!" Mai declares after handing out the bento boxes.

"Oh?" Cho cocks an inky brow.

"I got onto that cruise programme!" Mai exclaims.

"WHAT!" Yui snaps.

"But what about Ouran!" Sora demands.

"What about Daichi?" I query.

"What about US!" Cho shouts.

"HEY!" Mai pouts. "I thought you would support me in this! Daichi is supporting me!"

"Daichi's whipped." Yui shrugs.

"We love you Mai but we won't bend over backward for you." Cho nods.

"Congrats on getting in and all." I murmur. "Are you going for it?"

"Think so..." Mai sighs. Usually when Mai's happy her hair looks as if it is bouncing. It just hangs.

"We don't want you to leave is all." Sora justfies, jade eyes on the floor.

"I'll miss you girls but this is what I really want." Mai pouts.

"Can't believe you." Yui pouts, she and Cho link arms, shifting away from Mai in protest.

"When do you leave?" Sora asks, tucking an inky strand of hair behind her ear.

"Tonight." Mai sighs.

"TONIGHT!" Yui gasps.

"TONIGHT!" Cho looks stung.

The duo jump on Mai, hugging her.

Sora and I sit together, waiting our turn.

Mai's farewells are distrubed by Hikaru and Karou, sprinting over, arms flailing about.

"KURIIII-CHAANNNN!" they holler.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" I ask.

"No." they shake their heads in perfect sync.

"What's wrong Hikaru, Karou?"

"It's Ace." Hikaru blurts. Karou gives him a stern look.

My eyes widen. Sora holds me so I don't topple over.

"What? What's happened to Dad?" I ask.

"He's in hospital." Karou hangs his head.

"WHICH?" I prompt.

"The big Ootori hospital by Tokyo." Hikaru and Karou state.

"He must be here on business." Sora muses.

"I have to go and see him. I'm mad at him but who knows what's messed him up now." I hang my head.

"Kuri." Mai calls, voice broken. "At least say goodbye first."

I turn and hug the curly haired brunette tightly. "You'll visit at Easter break?" I ask.

"Of course!" Mai grins.

"Good luck, I love you frizzy and I hope you enjoy yourself." I smile hurriedly, making my way inside.

"Kuri-chan! Your bags!" Cho calls.

"I'll take 'em, baka." Sora says.

"Do you want us with you Kuriii?" the Hitachiin brothers offer in unison. I close my eyes with a small smile.

"No. No thanks. Thank you Hikaru. Thank you Karou." I reply.

"Boss got a limo for you outside school to take you to your dad." More like Kyoya got the limo.

"Thank Tamaki and Kyoya for me then. I smile again and make my way to the front of the school.

"Miss Peony?" the driver asks.

"Hai." I wave meekly.

"Hop in." he opens the backseat door to me. I smile polietly and bow before climbing in.

I hope he's okay.