4

Sketch POV

I wake up in chains on a cold cobblestone floor that seems to be covered in dry blood, and some of which that is still warm, seeming to be mine.
"Where am I?" I whisper to myself in a way of panic.
I try to recall what happened. Suddenly, it hits me. The terrifying young girl dragged me away. I have to escape. I wince at the piercing pain that keeps striking me. My leg seems to be broken because of tripping and falling so hard. I was also dragged for quite a bit, which leaves cuts, bruises, and scars on the rest of my body. I need to stop feeling sorry for myself though.
I look across from me and see skeletons and decaying bodies. Just looking at them made me feel sick to my stomach. A terrifying thought came to my mind and I realize that if I don't escape in time, I will probably end up like them too.
I try to get up without rattling the chains, but I can't even move. Piercing pain rushes through my leg, even more so than it has been. No matter how much it hurts though, I have to get through it because soon if I don't escape, I may face more pain. The pain of dying.
I look around for some way to escape, or to get out of the chains. Pain constantly keeps rushing through my leg. Tears strain my eyes, some from pain and some from fear.
I hear the girls' barefoot and bloody feet slowly walking down the hallway while she is quietly singing 'Ring Around the Rosie'. Her footsteps and singing draw nearer to me.
"Ring around the Rosie..," she sings.
"Pockets full of Posies..," she continues, walking closer and closer to me.
"Ashes... Ashes...."
"We all.. fall....."