9

Denis POV

The girl was walking down the hallway. I was halfway across the room, trying to help Elijah, and she would hear my footsteps if I tried to walk back.
I close my eyes and accept my fate. This was going to be the end. She came closer and closer by the second, seeming like an eternity. How can a child make me feel so dark inside? This must not have been a child. My heart seemed to be beating eight thousand times a second. I was breathing incredibly fast, but still seemed to not be taking in enough air.
       I never even got to tell my family I loved them one last time. I'm going to die. The footsteps stopped at the doorway. Then, they continued drawing nearer.
There are so many things I still haven't gotten to do in my life and it's going to end so short. This is all my fault. Why did I want to go on a camping trip?
Here I was, evaluating my mental bucket list of things I've never gotten to do right before I die. I was not expecting my life to end so short. On a cliffhanger.
The footsteps stopped and something tapped me on the shoulder. Am I dead yet? I open one eye, expecting to see the girl or maybe God. Instead, I see Braden! I hug him tightly, refusing to let go. Elijah opened his eyes as well, and leans into the hug. Everyone had a tear or two running down their cheek.
"I was worried about you guys! I'm so glad you're alive!" Corl whispers, still tearing up.
"Are you guys ok?" He asks, as we pull away from the hug.
"I think my leg is broken..," Elijah answers.
He looks down at Elijah's leg and winces.
"Yikes..," Corl responds.
"It's ok though. The important thing as of now if finding a way to escape," Elijah claims.