Prologue

Among the shadows of the universe, two silhouettes walked side by side. One was the Lord of the Hidden Darkness, and the other was the youngest daughter of Kibo, sister of the Trinity. They strolled casually along the prison walls, though the goddesses trapped inside were screaming out for release.

"It's time," Akuma stated. "Oh, freedom feels so good..." he breathed deeply, inhaling the stench of the World of Forbidden Light. "How does it feel to be the ones trapped this time?" He called out towards the prison.

Jiu nodded. Personally, she hated the stink that always lingered around. That's why she always took her chariot to the "New World". But now that her father was back, there was a reason to hang here.

"Prepare the troops for battle," Jiu knew that Akuma was talking about the shadow creatures. They were, pun not intended, shady beings that she didn't really enjoy socializing with. After all, Akuma was the Lord of Shadows, not Jiu. Still, since she was his co-commander, they had to listen to her.

"Yes, sir," Jiu replied.

Akuma smiled. "You've always been obedient, my daughter. I'm quite thankful for your presence."

"Thank you, sir." Jiu nodded.

The Lord's smile widened. Then he reached over to bang on the walls of the prison. "Hear that, children? I'll show your precious World who really won the War for the Old World. You can't protect them forever!" Akuma cackled malevolently as he listened to the rumblings of the captive goddesses.

Jiu smirked as well. How does it feel to be the powerless ones? As Akuma walked away without her, she felt a force emanating from the dungeon. She stopped in her tracks. Leaving as it came, the energy faded away. "Did you feel that, sir?"

Akuma turned around half-heartedly. "What?"

"N-nothing." Jiu shivered. It was now that she realized that the prison was silent.

Akuma began to walk again. "Please do not disturb me with such useless details."

"Yes, sir..." Jiu hung her head. The rumbles started again. Jiu accelerated into a jog, fighting to catch up with her father.