Wide Awake

I eventually made it home safely. I was mentally and emotionally drained, so I ended up taking a bath and crashing until the next morning. I woke up not giving two shits about a baby or a marriage. And it was definitely fuck a man. I guess Dante' slept on the couch because that's where he was when I went downstairs to fix breakfast. He looked like a sad lost puppy, but it didn't move me none. No apologies, gifts, or sex would work this time.

As I made myself breakfast, he came and set at the kitchen table. I guess he was getting his thoughts together because he was quiet until I finished. As I sat down across from him, he began to speak. "Honesty, baby, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for that to go down like that. You disrespected me."
There we were again; it was all me, but I was the one put out and called a bitch. "I was waiting on you to call me. I was coming back to get you." Dante' said astonishing me. " Really?" was my response. "I love you Honesty. I'm so sorry baby. I can make it up to you." Finally I replied, "That's cool and all. But you don't have to. I'mma need you to get ya shit and leave. We're done." I watched as he sat there for a few minutes then eventually went up stairs to pack his stuff.