𝖎.

San Juan de Ulúa, Veracruz (14 years ago)

She could hear the sea, she wanted to run to it, feel the sand on her toes and how, little by little, the air felt and smelled salty, feeling the foam of the shore. She wanted to feel back at home.

But all she could feel was the fingers of Thanatos caressing her very dry lips, almost whispering to her that even at the age of 5 the world where she was born into didn't wanted her anymore.

The chains that hold her high from the rusty and watery floor were hurting her to much, but she couldn't scream; for her mouth felt that if it opens it would break, she couldn't cry; for her eyes had no more tears...all of them were shed months ago, when papá died.

"It's been about three months!" someone screamed from the other side of the cell, interrupting the faint sound of the chains and the roaring of the sea outside the dampened thick walls. "These girls would not survive another mon-ANOTHER DAY! without water, and the bread is drying them even more".

"We are no further than where we were in these damned months, they want results" another voice replied "I don't know you Doctor Shin, but I want my head where it belongs".

There was a long pause, or maybe they were whispering, she didn't care really, her little mind wanted to hear that Alana was all right, that she didn't lose her too...she couldn't lose her.

She didn't understand why.

Why her happiness was taken away; from her family, they were fine and happy, but the strange people call her the stranger. And because of that she and her sister where there, the one called Doctor Shin was the only one that shared the same word mamá y papá said for Alana and her...special.

'I don't want to be special' she thought 'not if being special makes you lose ma and pa'.

This people weren't strangers, they were monsters; those that her mother used to tell them.

She wanted to be like the heroes in the stories of her mother and books of her father, she wanted to banish the monsters away.

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Atlantis (14 years ago)

The life of a soldier is one of honor. This is what his father said to him before they left with the few belongings they will let him keep in the camp. His father always taught him to carry essentials, even when they lived a not so bad life, after all, the payment of a High Ranked General as Keshim Nedakh secured a nice life in the upper side of the city.

"I still don't understand father" the little 7 year old boy said to Keshim "aren't you supposed to enlist when you are 10 years old? Why am I the exception?" he asked.

Keshim kept his eyes on the way, his grip on the handles of the ship, "I told you Xerxes" he started "you, along other 4 boys have been granted to join earlier, for the King himself selected you to be trained younger".

"I know that" the boy replied, "what I do not know is why?"

"Do not question King Orvax!" his father shouted, like when he heard him shout order to his men. Silent was deafing after that, he didn't want to upset his father, not when this is supposed to be a happy day.

Not every boy that wants to be part of the Atlantean Force gets picked, many even just do border patrol or mere tasks like being a peace keeper, according to his father, he was supposed to follow his footsteps, become a soldier and defend Atlantis of foreign enemies, like the Surface dwellers.

Keshim exhaled "I'm sorry child" he apologized "I just want you to be aware"

Faintly Xerxes asked, "of what?"

"Of who you are going to serve" his father said, rather deep and a little grim "you will be a warrior of the people of Atlantis, yes, but don't forget you do it under the crest of the royal family, who we protect and serve".

In a way, the little boy tried to understand the words of his father.

"I will not forget father" the boy said, his little chest up and his deep and shiny amber eyes never leaving the same ones his father have.

Keshim smiled a little and for a second watched his son, watching back to the outside he stretched his right arm to the head of his son, a gentle pad on his head, internally praying to Poseidon for his son sake.