𝖎𝖎.

Amnesty Bay (Now)

"I swear the two of you will be the dead of the napkins"

Bian heard Rosa nag about it, again. "it's not my fault Carlos likes doing origami with them" she replied, "and what about you and those scribbles you always do?".

Bian stopped the pen in the middle of a sentence, took a deep breath and saw Rosa with an expression of being a little tired of the same question. "I told you-" "-when you remember something you want to write it down" Rosa finished.

They said it was normal for people that lost memory to have flashes, Bian took advantage of that and go on with that argument, honestly, it was more of a coping mechanism, writing her thoughts down helped her mind...at least a little.

"Hey, Rosa!" a man shouted from the other side of the dinner "can I get a refill, please?"

"This isn't over" Rosa said, tucking a notebook and pencil on her apron; "yes ma'am" Bian whispered.

Losing track of what she was writing she tossed the napkin aside and looked at little Carlos, waving her hand to get his attention "all good champ?" she signed, Carlos nodded.

The little boy with sun kissed skin and beautiful honey eyes always liked when Bian was there to make him company, she was also, sadly, one of the few that knew how to communicate normally with him. "Storm coming" he signed to her; Bian looked at the window, she saw her truck with Savior sleeping soundly in the back and farther she saw the sea, the beautiful Amnesty Bay shore was a little restless, signaling change of weather.

Bian stared a little more, hypnotized by the waves, and how they hold the memory of a day much like this one in them. "Then she better gets home" Rosa said and signed for both of them. Rosa being the motherly woman Bian knew her to be, wanted her to be safe and sound at her own home, which was a little farther than the normal community here at Amnesty "seriously child, I don't get why you live so far from civilization" Bian simply replied "a like the silence, also, it was cheaper".

"You mean Thomas helped you paid most of it, bendito sea" she made a cross on her chest, Bian smirked "yeah that too".

"So, you are going home?" Rosa asked, a chill went through Bian's body, home...that word, that simple word that stayed in her mind, a word she didn't knew the real meaning of. She shook it off quickly, took her bag and started to get up from the table "ney, I still have some stuff to deliver back at the docks, shouldn't be to long" Rosa looked at her ready to reprimand her but she only took a deep breath and hugged her "just be careful mija, the weather seems to come with changes" Bian returned the hug with a little one "in and out of the docks, simple tasks Rosa".

Her hand went to the head of Carlos and patted softly "hang in there champ" she signed, Carlos laugh and gave one of his origami attempts to her, it looked like a star.

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

"That would be all for the day, right Blake?" Bian replied unloading the last cargo from her truck. "I swear you kid can do the job of three of my men in less time" he said amazed at how a 19 years old lifting boxes with repairs for the broken fish hook.

"That's why you said yes to take me in when I asked for work" she said "there, last box, right Savior?" she asked, a medium brown labrador that was happily waving his tail from the back of truck barked, "that would be a yes" Bian said, taking her wavy brown hair from her sweaty face.

Wind was blowing a little stronger than when she was at dinner, the sea a little more restless, wanting to signal everyone who knew how wise was to see the water for changes that one was coming, "haven't seen the water this strong since Curry found you, about a year ago isn't?" Blake asked.

Bian remembered that day perfectly, it was indeed about a year ago, like two months to be exactly a year, she couldn't shake from her being the sensation of...something, she knew the feeling, it was one of change, a big one. She didn't reply, anxiety was boiling inside her, this feeling was making her uncomfortable, for this feeling always came with bad news for her.

Taking her leave she only said "see ya Monday Blake", she didn't wait for him to respond, she simply wanted to get on her truck and get to the house. Opening her door she saw Savior "hop in boy" he happily hoped down and walked to the open door, taking his seat at the copilot.

●▬▬▬▬๑۩۩๑▬▬▬▬▬●

Rain poured down and Bian couldn't shake that anxiety inside her, if anything, it came as strong as the rain. Her hands grasping way to strong the steering wheel her knuckles getting white; Savior liked one of them, which helped her to come back to the road "thanks boy, I'll be fine" she said softly to the dog "it's the stupid weather".

She decided to take deep breaths, her condition wasn't any good for her nor Savior right now, the road was very slippery. When they where by Mercy Reef Bian mind couldn't help but remember.

"haven't seen the water this strong since Curry found you"

How fitting was that name for that reef, for even when Bian felt she didn't deserve any mercy, seems the ocean thought otherwise, when she was found at that spot "remember when you me pulled out of this place Savior?" she said to him, he waved softly his tale, looking at the window, almost as if he too remembered that day, she liked to believe that he did, he was indeed a very smart dog. "That's why you are my savior" she extended her hand to pat him gently, but he started barking.

Before she knew it, she foot hit the break "what is it boy?" she asked to him, Savior wasn't one for barking to the nothing, when he did was because someone he didn't like was approaching or when something was happening, and he wanted to alert.

His paw started scratching the door handle, "Savior what is it?" Bian asked a little more alert, watching at the window, they where right at the end of the beach, almost at the end of the reef and staring to get uphill to the house. Her guts telling her the same that Savior was trying to; 'the Reef'.

Against her judgment she opened the door, Savior sprinted to the beach with her cursing right behind him. Savior run straight to the ocean; this didn't scared her, he was trained to be a rescue dog, what did make her feel like time stopped was that, for almost a minute she didn't saw him...that is, until she saw he was pulling to the shore a guy with him.