Chapter 16

Over the next few days, he visited Harry once more. Most of the time he spent packing his belongings in some boxes. He didn't even know where he would go. He hoped that going back to New York would at least give him some idea of what he wanted to do.

There were a few hotels that he knew he could stay in for the time being until he found a proper apartment.

Wooden boxes littered the floor. Many of Louis' things lay around the house and a few more boxes needed to be filled. The house looked bare with almost everything out of it.

A little bit of guilt still nibbled at him when he thought of how Harry would feel about him leaving. Louis hadn't brought up the courage to talk to him even though he knew that he should at least say something.

Just when he came down the stairs, someone knocked at the door. He stared at the door in confusion, wondering who it could be. Louis did not expect anyone to come to his house at this time. He placed the box he carried down beside the door before opening it. His body sighed in relief when he put the box down, he hadn't rested properly and the little break was a godsend.

It seemed as though by magic the snow had cleared and tufts of grass came from underneath. The skies showed their usual colour and minimal clouds hung in the air.

However, he didn't expect to see the person who stood at the door.

"Harry?" Louis asked in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

Harry looked a bit tired but he still had a slight smile on his face. He wore a denim jacket with a tank top underneath and some blue skinny jeans. His hair was tied up into a bun with a few pieces of his chocolate hair hanging out. Louis tried to make sure he didn't see any of the boxes behind him by leaning against the door. "I need to talk to you."

"I thought you would still be at the hospital?" he asked. Harry hadn't even told him that he had left.

Harry shook his head. "They said I could leave. I have a lot of medication to take though."

Louis stared guiltily at the floor. He couldn't help but think it was his fault that all of this had happened.

Eventually, he stepped back to let Harry in through the door. He waited for him to take his boots off then closed the door behind him. Louis took in a deep breath once he noticed how Harry looked at the room.

"So you're definitely going then," Harry muttered. For once, he looked a little downtrodden.

Louis nodded, awkwardly staring at the boxes around him. Harry stood with his back to him for a few seconds. He cautiously followed behind Harry when he began to walk. When he took a seat on his couch, Louis went to sit beside him.

Harry simply stared at the fireplace in front of him. "Have you found somewhere?"

"No," Louis sighed. He admits that he should have thought of somewhere he could go instead of packing straight away.

"I'll come with you," Harry whispered. Louis looked at him with a frown.

"I can't ask that from you."

"You're not asking anything from me," he said. Harry looked at Louis with furrowed eyebrows.

"Harry, you have a life here. I can't let you leave everything behind." It was too much of a risk for Harry to leave everything behind and follow him. However, a part of him wanted him to come with him no matter how impractical it would be.

Harry sighed. "Louis, I never had anything here in the first place."

"But-"

"-I didn't. I can't do much here. Maybe I need to get out of here as well."